Man-child Trump throws tantrum at Kimmel as walls close in

No, I’m just sayin’ that not all comedians won their fights with non-comedians…

andy kaufman snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

2 Likes

Not all, just most. A war of words is often lost to the wordsmith.

Also, this amateur comedian has also clearly not won… :thinking:

Like most authoritarians, Biff can’t let go when someone mocks him. Years ago, Graydon Carter described this childish reaction:

Just to drive him a little bit crazy, I took to referring to him as a “short-fingered vulgarian” in the pages of Spy magazine. That was more than a quarter of a century ago. To this day, I receive the occasional envelope from Trump. There is always a photo of him—generally a tear sheet from a magazine. On all of them he has circled his hand in gold Sharpie in a valiant effort to highlight the length of his fingers. I almost feel sorry for the poor fellow because, to me, the fingers still look abnormally stubby. The most recent offering arrived earlier this year, before his decision to go after the Republican presidential nomination. Like the other packages, this one included a circled hand and the words, also written in gold Sharpie: “See, not so short!” I sent the picture back by return mail with a note attached, saying, “Actually, quite short.” Which I can only assume gave him fits.

The best part of the story for me is that Biff is more concerned about the supposed implications of his having small hands than he is about being called a vulgarian.

9 Likes

Season 3 Episode 13 GIF by Parks and Recreation

3 Likes

And that’s when they are both in on it!

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

Are you saying that… pro-wrestling… isn’t… REAL!!!

6 Likes

I don’t normally watch Kimmel, but I checked out his monologue last night because of all of this. Here is the embed for the video you linked. Just brutal. Kudos, Jimmy!

2 Likes

In his latter days, Bob Hope refused to acknowledge his progressing dementia and the fact that he was increasingly passé, only of interest to aging sectors of the audience, and even for them, cringe-inducing to watch. For decades he’d been “the King of NBC,” someone you “didn’t say no to.”

He would regularly demand NBC schedule his comedy specials, and would demand guest spots on “The Tonight Show” to promote them. No one would refuse him, and it seemed no one could (at least effectively) confront him about how painful his declining act was becoming. Hope would lose his place mid-act, forgetting lines, trailing off, and sometimes reflexively falling back on old punch lines that had gotten laughs long ago but were no longer relevant. (Sound familiar?)

Johnny Carson never liked – and eventually hated – having Bob Hope as a guest. Carson at one point told his top writers, “If I ever end up like that, guys, I want you to shoot me.”

6 Likes

Trump’s delusion that his laughably false comments constitute “truth”

To be fair, I think Trump meant that Jimmy Kimmel read out loud Trump’s post made on the Truth Social. Ergo, his Truth.

2 Likes

Sad. Similar to the last years of Groucho Marx, and to my understanding was a case of elder abuse by his caretakers, pushing him to keep working even after a stroke.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.