Vanity Fair: Trump's children wish he would stop manic-tweeting

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/05/vanity-fair-trumps-children-wish-he-would-stop-manic-tweeting.html

8 Likes

34 Likes

You know it’s bad when Don Jr. is the voice of reason.

53 Likes

“There is a long history in the Trump family of denying serious illness. According to a Trump family friend, Trump’s father, Fred Trump Sr., insisted on working even after his Alzheimer’s disease advanced in the 1990s. “To retire is to expire!” Fred Sr. would say. The friend said that as Fred Sr.’s disease worsened––he once came down the stairs wearing three neckties––the family created a system so that Fred could think he was still running the Trump Organization. Every day Fred Sr. would go to the office in Brooklyn and they would give him blank papers to sort through and sign. The phone on Fred’s desk was set up so that it could only dial out to his secretary. “Fred pretended to work,” the family friend said"

Haven’t we already been seeing this?

58 Likes

As I just said in another thread:

15 Likes

Humanity: I wish people click-farmers would stop interviewing Trump’s children.

12 Likes

Roy Cohn, too, Trump’s lawyer/mentor in the dark arts.

7 Likes

Trump’s children aren’t the only people who share that wish.

19 Likes

America has been in a slow motion train wreck for a couple decades at least, Trump dying in office right before an election from a disease he ignored, downplayed, and refused to take seriously even after he contracted it, isn’t even going to be the last car to go off the rails and explode.

But I will not be even remotely surprised if he dies from COVID.

I’m not a fan of Forrest Gump, but stupid really is what stupid does.

16 Likes

Oh, now they’re worried? Yeah, I don’t buy it.

14 Likes

I’d say it’s just #fakenews, but Don Jr. has openly hated his father for more of his life than he’s pretended to love him, so who knows.

And besides, scuttlebutt is that Don Jr. is trying to convince the Pennsylvania GOP that occasionally returning their calls makes him the obvious next choice for a PA Senate seat. (Pennsylvania being a state he has never lived in.) If so, he’s definitely going to want to start throwing Daddy under the bus ASAP.

11 Likes

I think I speak for all of humanity when I say “us too”.

11 Likes

Don Jr deciding that a person is “acting crazy”? The pot and kettle thing.

7 Likes

FUCKIN’ OOZE!!!

He didn’t write those tweets unless steroids make one more lucid.

1 Like

This Vanity Fair article isn’t based on interviews with Trump’s children.

4 Likes

Whoever is doing that, is just playing the old trick of saturating the media, which has the side effect of making Biden and other news (Trump taxes and Covid related idiocy, BLM, etc) disappear.

6 Likes

It’s lamppost licking time, folks. COVID IS AWESOME. Trump says he feels better than he did 20 years ago.

7 Likes

Reaper

" …Don’t be afraid of Covid. Don’t let it dominate your life. We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!.." -trump

“Come on baby, don’t fear the reaper
Baby take my hand, don’t fear the reaper
We’ll be able to fly, don’t fear the reaper
Baby I’m your man”

BOC next on the list of song use lawsuits against the trump campaign…

16 Likes

I think Don Jr. was asking for somebody to intervene to stop his cocaine abuse.

Also, let’s not humanize any of the tRump spawn. They are all trash humans, period full stop.

14 Likes

One can have hope for Barron.

3 Likes