Man decides not to crush caterpillar after noticing it had a human face

Anything which doesn’t have human features must be crushed I guess.

3 Likes

No no no!

Every Kind of People (even caterpillar people)

Naturally his first thought was to crush it with his cane! We need more heroes like him protecting us from the plague of vicious, venomous butterflies that might otherwise result.

4 Likes

Looks like me old mate Neil. He’s going up in the world.

An aged farmer was walking by the river, when he saw a fish flapping and gasping for breath on the ground. The fish said to the man, “Please peasant, put me back in the water, and I will grant you one or more wishes”. The man replied, “DON’T CALL ME A FUCKING PEASANT”, and crushed the fish to death with his cane.

4 Likes

Of course, that caterpillar is simply irresistible.

Repeating for SMH-ness at our species:

“My first thought was to crush it with my cane.”

3 Likes

I thought that it probably turned into a death-head hawk moth, but nope that caterpillar doesn’t look anything like this.

So like a human to see a face in everything…

2 Likes

Agreed, Poe, no question.

Skull, jackolantern, and ironman with a pompadour.

1 Like

I asked Daniel at WhatsThatBug. Tussock Caterpillars. The one with a face may be among their 21 pages of Tussock which he may not have time to search through: http://www.whatsthatbug.com/?s=Tussock

Teddy Roosevelt:

Sometimes the opposite happens (what we call “the dual” in mathematics):

“Never mind,” said he at length, “this will answer”; and he drew from his waistcoat pocket a scrap of what I took to be very dirty foolscap, and made upon it a rough drawing with the pen. While he did this, I retained my seat by the fire, for I was still chilly. When the design was complete, he handed it to me without rising. . . . I looked at the paper, and, to speak the truth, found myself not a little puzzled at what my friend had depicted.

“Well!” I said, after contemplating it for some minutes, “this is a strange scarabaeus, I must confess: new to me: never saw anything like it before --unless it was a skull, or a death’s-head --which it more nearly resembles than anything else that has come under my observation.”

“A death’s-head!” echoed Legrand --“Oh --yes --well, it has something of that appearance upon paper, no doubt. The two upper black spots look like eyes, eh? and the longer one at the bottom like a mouth --and then the shape of the whole is oval.”

Edgar Allan Poe, “The Gold Bug” (1843)

1 Like

What, am I the first person in the thread to mention the movie Mimic?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.