Man doesn't mind driving around with thousands of bees in his car

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/11/man-doesnt-mind-driving-around-with-thousands-of-bees-in-his-car.html

4 Likes

“I like my women like I like my coffee: covered in bees.”

17 Likes

Swarming bees like this are pretty calm and almost never sting.

I was once in a van transporting a couple of hives, when a few started to escape and fly around inside- that was actually terrifying. The driver/beekeeper assured me it was fine, and in the end neither of us got stung.

16 Likes

Sesame Street GIF

I have relatively few phobias, but fear of bees/wasps/etc. is at the top of my list. :scream:

8 Likes

Now Seinfeld is spilling into the real world.
Honey Bee GIF

comedians in cars getting coffee GIF by CraveTV

3 Likes

My friend rescued some bees that were swarming where they shouldn’t be. But I think he put them in a hive and in the back of a truck to move them.

5 Likes

Beekeeper: can confirm docility of swarms.

10 Likes

I dunno. Thousands of bees all buzzing “Are we there yet? Are we there yet?”

14 Likes

Doesn’t mind? He seems positively thrilled! I’m wondering if it’s local custom that this is good luck? But I’m guessing he knows it’s better to have a swarm that are focused on protecting their queen than a few stray bees that are confused and agitated and might sting.

5 Likes

Don’t worry, bee happy.

11 Likes

I misread the headline as “thousands of beers” and wondered why anyone would mind.

4 Likes

Any clue as to why they congregated there? Would there have been a queen?

3 Likes

Season 2 Wtf GIF by Parks and Recreation

2 Likes

“Time to get back in the trenchcoat, dudes; we’re in the carpool-only lane and there’s a checkpoint ahead.”

4 Likes

99 bees in the car, 99 bees.
Take one down and pass it around, 98 bees in the car.

5 Likes

Washroom breaks are the worst because even if almost all the bees go, there will be a bee who insists at stopping at an Esso station, because there’s always one Esso bee.

(The joke, such as it is, still works in Canada because Standard Oil never changed to XX.)

4 Likes

I wonder how many deadly car crashes were caused by a bee/wasp in the car… with no survivors to explain the crash.

2 Likes

Do you still have BP stations in your part of the world?

2 Likes

You know what, I don’t mind this guy driving around with bees in his car either.

4 Likes

Okay, the bees are just kind of hanging out, no problem there, but how many times did he get really close to waving his hand into the middle of the swarm just in that short video? Calm or not, I’m not sure how long they would have stayed that way if he did that.

3 Likes