Man exonerated after video shows unprovoked police beating, cops insist all is well

You said most cops retire without firing their weapon,and I took that to mean that those cops therefore always used their weapons responibly and properly. I said they can still misuse their weapons without firing them, even if they’re unloaded. You asked for an example, I gave an example.

Agreed. That’s why the son called it in, so the cops would kick his ass a little. And something tells me his description to the dispatcher was a little more extreme than was reported here. More info on the practice:

To be fair, concluding that all cops are corrupt violent assholes from reading BoingBoing is like concluding that all people are violent criminals after watching too much nightly news. Its the sensational stuff that gets reported, not the well behaved cop. Not saying that’s a reason to forgive incidents like this, just that coverage here (or even on the nightly news) isn’t necessarily a good metric.

I don’t disagree completely, but it would be a nice change if all the well-behaving cops would out themselves and start to criticise misbehaving colleagues in the sensational stuff reporting.

4 Likes

The teenager will probably recover from being a teenager.

If not, there’s a job waiting at the Sheriff’s Department.

Thus the Sheriff’s Department wins the contest by either holding out longer or co-opting it’s opponent.

1 Like

Agreed. “Well-behaving” cops who cover up for the shitstains are little better.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.