Man films Massachusetts State Trooper asleep in his cruiser. Man is pulled over and given warning minutes later

Originally published at: Man films Massachusetts State Trooper asleep in his cruiser. Man is pulled over and given warning minutes later. | Boing Boing

9 Likes

The filth

8 Likes

The relevant .gov states salaries start at $69,542 plus “opportunities”, with plenty earning six figures.

Those “opportunities” can leave one feeling tired. How can we expect this poor fellow to stay awake for his taxpayer-funded day job when he was up all night working as a bouncer at a concert (a gig he got because he’s supposedly competent at his day job). /s

19 Likes

10 to one he was “working” overtime.

12 Likes

Meh. Let him sleep. It’s harder to kneel on someone’s neck.

21 Likes

You know what they say - let sleeping pigs lie.

Though I’d rather have lazy cops sleeping in cruisers vs pulling people over and going “fishing”. It there is an actual emergency the radio should wake him up.

23 Likes

Sleeping on the job is a hell of an “opportunity”; an opportunity for grift.

2 Likes

A lot of these guys nearly double their salary in overtime and “other” pay… dozens making nearly $250k a year, it’s ridiculous. Some are making more money than doctors.

We really need to stop the overtime pay specifically, when people say “defund the police” this is a big part of it. This work can go to other people.

11 Likes

We will investigate ourselves and find us innocent of any wrongdoing. Why are you upset?

15 Likes

An actual emergency is typically the last place I want a guy with an authority complex, chip on his shoulder, gang membership and a gun to show up at.

10 Likes

Nick Ford thinks he’s being retaliated against

David Tennant GIF by Doctor Who

8 Likes

Crime fighting, even in his sleep.

6 Likes

And groggy because he just woke up.

4 Likes

The call where the officer refused to identify himself may have been the actual Internal Affairs. He did the right thing by not talking to them without verifying tho.

2 Likes

Bloody hell. If there’s nowt to do you could at least read a book and learn something ffs.

2 Likes

IA is just this guy’s union rep anyway.

Unions are only for labor. Police unions have no legitimacy and we should just call them what they are: gangs.

10 Likes

But the police don’t want employees smart enough to learn what is wrong with the system.

It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

– Upton Sinclair

10 Likes

The retaliatory Bravo Sierra aside, who cares if he was catching some zzzzs he has a radio and I would presume his radar has audio notification. Sleep when you can I say.

2 Likes

I’ve read that cops make a point of arresting someone just as they’re supposed to go off duty, so they then have an excuse for overtime (it was their arrest, so no one else can process the person). This then creates a strong incentive to arrest someone, regardless of whether they’d actually done anything or not. So there’s two layers of corruption as part of the practice…

10 Likes

pig

3 Likes