Man gets 50 years in prison for $1.2-million fajita scam

The 800-pound fajita in the room is that he got 50 years for stealing while having dark skin.

2 Likes

Or they figured that he was some kind of hacker and counted every individual fajita as a separate offense?

2 Likes

Wait, wait. I’m worried what you just heard was, “Give me a lot of fajitas.” What I said was, “Give me all the fajitas you have.”

1 Like

And some random fajita company would be pestering them to get their contract back.

1 Like

This makes sense, and would explain why he thought taking a day off wouldn’t be a problem. If he knew he was going to get a delivery EVERY DAY, he wouldn’t have taken time off from work. But if he knew deliveries only happened sporadically, he certainly might have though he could get away with it.

If there is any redeeming grace in the lack of consequences for white collar crime, it is that white collar criminals often have to go to work every day without fail to avoid their scams from being discovered. That right there is a bar I am too lazy to cross.

Wow. Would this be the sort of kit a “chain”, not fast-food restaurant (locally: Montanas, East Side Marios, Applebee’s, etc) uses? Or are these limited to the low end (cafeterias, institutional kitchens, etc.)?

More like food service kits

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.