Kroger employee arrested for stealing $1 million in two weeks by doing fake returns

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/22/kroger-employee-arrested-for-stealing-1-million-in-two-weeks-by-doing-fake-returns.html

5 Likes

Criminaling is so easy!

Oh.

9 Likes

Georgia Man™!

Edit: I also want to know what Kroger sells for $87k!

17 Likes

I’d imagine that a single refund totaling $87,000, from a supermarket, would raise a red flag or two.

That just sounds like what a couple avocados cost.

8 Likes

I get all of my Faberge eggs at Kroger. They usually go for around that.

13 Likes

That just sounds like what a couple avocados cost.

You must shop at Whole Foods.

14 Likes

If my guilty viewings of Supermarket Sweep have taught me anything, always go for diapers and ham!

7 Likes

I mean depending on the store… $1 million bucks would be a weeks worth or more of gross income.

3 Likes

The guy had a million dollars and bought a Camaro? Tell you what I’d do with a million dollars…

6 Likes

When you’ve made a million dollars in two weeks, and there’s a paper trail, you really should cash out and move to Tahiti with a forged passport before they nab you.

6 Likes

Well, quite. I’d never bother anyone again if I stole 2 million and got to somewhere sunny with no extradition treaty.

4 Likes

He should’ve hightailed it to Canada

2 Likes

Buy a car that handles better than a Toyota Corolla with cheap tires?

5 Likes

We interrupt your Grand Theft with this brief musical interlude…

7 Likes

This is just funny. I hope this guy only gets a slap on the wrist. Stealing from kroger not a huge crime. Petty at best.

1 Like

… except he won’t, because the amount is quite firmly in felony territory.

2 Likes

It’s a poorly managed company that 1) lets a teenager do returns without at least supervisory sign-off, and 2) doesn’t require the store manager to personally come down and verify both the original $87K sale and the return before allowing it. Sheesh.

6 Likes

1 million in 2 weeks? That’s not criminal, that junior executive material.

14 Likes

Or a junior Trump Administration official…too bad they just missed their chance.

3 Likes

He’s got a future in GOP campaign financing.

7 Likes