Man gives himself a nose job after watching a DIY YouTube video and, naturally, ends up at the ER

5 Likes

5 Likes

You should always rely on qualified professionals for this kind of things.

4 Likes

I’m hoping they managed to save his schnoz. He did a dumb thing, but a lifetime of Tycho Brahe cosplay would be a pretty rough outcome.

3 Likes

“You know, you could de-emphasize your nose if you wore something larger. Like Wyoming.”

2 Likes

I’m capable of doing faucets (supply and drain side) and minor plumbing jobs (like replacing a valve), but yeah; anything more involved gets a call to the plumber. Faster than multiple trips to the hardware store to get that one part that you didn’t think you needed but actually do, (the plumber has the store with them for the most part- at least the one I call has a fairly well stocked truck) and ultimately cheaper because it’s done right the first time. (and with this old house, if / when something else breaks in the middle of the job, the plumber’s right there to deal with it. :smiley: )

Fortunately, there’s only one last part of the plumbing in this place that’s still original, and as soon as I can get some of the debt paid off from the overages on the recent remodels, I’m having that taken care of as well.

1 Like

Mike Tyson is famously quoted as saying “Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”

The problem here is that the plan starts with punching yourself in the face. After that, things will never go well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.