Amateur plastic surgeon arrested in Florida

Originally published at: Amateur plastic surgeon arrested in Florida | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Plain as the nose on your face, I’d think.

41 Likes

“Amateur plastic surgeon . . .”

those three words . . . they do not belong together.

30 Likes

Along with “gas station sushi”.

28 Likes

I have so many questions about this entire situation, but I’m pretty sure I don’t want any of the answers.

29 Likes

A man in my parent’s neighborhood was arrested for giving unlicensed adult circumcisions, advertising mainly through online forum posts. He got caught mostly because of the complaints of complications. Isn’t it strange how doctors get upset when you take your infected mutilated penis to them. Some would argue they’re trying to protect their healthcare racket, others would say they’re trying to protect patients from harm.

12 Likes

Amateur plastic surgeon arrested in Florida?

I feel there is some wiggle room here regarding her guilt… /s

11 Likes

“Cheap rhinoplasty in Florida” especially so

Ah, Florida Woman is just trying to keep up with Florida Man

9 Likes

was a time when “cheap rhinoplasty in Florida” (80s era Miami, that is) involved large amounts of cocaine.
I mean, what’s a deviated septum or two amongst friends?

5 Likes

When you do surgery as a hobby. . . .

14 Likes

Right up there with cheap lasik. Yes I want the lowest bidder shooting lasers into my eyeballs. That sounds like it would produce fantastic outcomes.

/s

15 Likes

11 Likes

Or the pictures.

11 Likes

Oh, there is. I noted how the words

wasn’t licensed to practice medicine in Florida, an arrest report said.

left open the possibility that she was not at all an ‘amateur’ but a less than competent professional, qualified and able to practise elsewhere, but had just not got her paperwork sorted in Florida.

I’m sure that’s the rational explanation. /s

6 Likes

Just follow your nose, the truth is out there.

9 Likes

The cops received a tipoff.

20 Likes

LOL that is definitely my thought as well haha!

1 Like

tumblr_a604c5ac50847e20ad7b8ac0466cf33c_35fabda0_640

8 Likes

I am always fascinated at how people find themselves working as an unlicensed doctor selling adult circumcisions via forum posts. What bizarre chain of aspirations and interests combine to make a person think ‘online marketing + cut the tips off of wieners = CAREER’.

Here in BC there was an unlicensed and much repudiated ‘midwife’ who ended up causing a lot of harm, and yet people kept going to her for their childbirth needs. Despite having an excellent and thriving midwife practice within the health system, many people chose to pay through the nose for lousy childbirth care and risk their lives.

I strongly suspect the Venn diagram of people who choose to hire an online penis slicer or ‘renegade midwife’ overlaps a lot with antivaxxers and (now) Q types. Don’t trust anyone who knows anything or has any evidence based knowledge, they are all IN ON IT!

7 Likes

If you take the bolts out of the neck after surgery then I reckon you’re good to go in Florida!

1 Like