Amateur plastic surgeon arrested in Florida

nahhhh it just depends where the gas station is. Gas station sushi in kansas - nope. In osaka? Sure! It’s probably one of the convenience store’s best selling items even.

5 Likes

OMG…some of the best sushi I’ve ever had in my life was at a ¥100/plate conveyor belt hole in the wall sushi place in Osaka.

And the best egg salad sandwich I’ve ever had was at a bento stand on the shinkansen train platform in Kyoto.

3 Likes

Amateur plastic surgeon arrested in Florida

Nah, she was a professional plastic surgeon. She did it for money, not the love of it. She’s just unlicensed and unqualified.

2 Likes

Just the thought of it gives me the creeps. You get one chance, and if it doesn’t come out right, you’re in for a bad time. Maybe I’m weird, but I actually like having glasses in front of my eyes, in spite of their annoyances. Then again, I’ve had yellow jackets bounce off my sunglasses (yes, more than once) on bike rides.

I’d probably give gas station sushi a go in Hawaii as well.

2 Likes

Could be a nice sideline for an auto body repair shop though. They already do plastic surgery on bumpers. Nose job while-u-wait could be a good value-add.

I just want to take a moment to enjoy the knowledge that I don’t have to worry about this person becoming Surgeon General now that the former guy is gone.

3 Likes

I thought the same thing.
Good band name? " Amateur plastic surgeon"
Maybe not.

I had it done probably 15 years ago now. It’s been FANTASTIC for me. I love being able to read the alarm clock on the bedside stand in the morning now. I love not having to remember to put in contacts for things like snowboarding or climbing. I still wear ballistic rated sunglasses when doing things where I need eye protection. If my vision started failing and a reliable lasik touchup was an option I’d write the check without a second thought.

That said, my physician (surgeon) wife won’t risk it. My radiologist physician friend won’t risk it. Everyone has their own level of acceptable risk and that’s OK.

1 Like

I think it varies person to person. I had a cousin who was a safety risk without corrective eyewear.

For me it’s a huge win for camping, swimming, and I was always paranoid when traveling that I’d break or lose my glasses. Depending on your climate it’s nice not having to deal with foggy glasses when going indoors or when wearing a face mask.

1 Like

She got paid. She’s a professional then.

I heard she wasn’t even using real plastic.

1 Like

Electrodes. Not bolts.

Well, there goes my go-to argument against the press calling treasure hunters “amateur archaeologists”.

“You wouldn’t go to an amateur surgeon, would you?” I’d quip.

Well, apparently some would.

7hry

2 Likes

Even BOC is in on the joke…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.