Texas mom and daughter arrested over illegal butt injections

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/06/texas-mom-and-daughter-arrested-over-illegal-butt-injections.html

10 Likes

“As your attorney, ma’am, I think it will help your case if you respond to all future questions from the prosecution with the words ‘I respectfully exercise my rights under the Fifth Amendment’, instead of ‘I make big butts and I cannot lie’.”

41 Likes
4 Likes

32 Likes

Glad they got caught and were given the bum’s rush.

16 Likes

What cheek! What they were doing was fundamentally wrong.

19 Likes

Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Won’t catch me falling for for such a headline. What an obvious opening.

11 Likes

All those fillers in the mugshot suddenly brought to mind the old commercials for the “Hair Club for Men” - “I’m not just the president, I’m also a client!” (Except they clearly went to someone who had some idea what they were doing…)

8 Likes

I know you shouldn’t judge a person by their looks, but…

Shocked Oh No GIF by Yêu Lu

17 Likes

A misdemeanor? Fuck.

“Practitioners” have used automotive products in the past. This shit is incredibly dangerous and often markets to trans women who can’t afford similar plastic surgery procedures.

31 Likes

Umm… Why focus on the young woman’s looks as opposed to the damage she and her mother caused others? That is what matters here, not your “opinion” of her looks…

15 Likes

Really?

I think it’s the greatest of all time since ever.

3 Likes

Demand Dr Chuck Tingles butt pounding injections; and accept no substitutes.

images

In other news; what a sad comment on beauty standards.

11 Likes

Unfortunately, this is the reality for many women, trans and cis, who do not have access to good health services or cannot afford quality plastic surgeons. Unfortunately, many criminals exploit people’s good faith and desires. Unfortunately, many are only detained when they kill or deform people.

G1 - Mulher morre após fazer aplicação de hidrogel para aumentar o bumbum - notícias em Goiás.

20 Likes

By which you mean… what?

2 Likes

Sorry, I meant that I feel saddened that anyone would feel it is necessary for them to undertake harmful procedures in order to fit in with toxic beauty standards.

17 Likes

I think that’s a failure of our for-profit health care system, not of women seeking to improve their looks. As @KathyPartdeux, some of the biggest victims of scammers like this are trans women, who are working class and can’t afford the gender affirming care that they need. And even cisgendered women might have reasons other than vanity to get such care too. :woman_shrugging:

The problem here are the scammers who are hurting others and a for-profit health care system, I’d argue.

11 Likes

Thanks

6 Likes

Even if they had medical-grade silicone in their surgical caulking gun, it’s dangerous as hell.

And it sure doesn’t sound like it was that.

11 Likes