Texas mom and daughter arrested over illegal butt injections

For the practitioners as well. You might get stuck with that needle and make an ass of yourself.

4 Likes

Even the alternatives have its risks.

8 Likes

Yes, it still happens here. Though less than the past. It’s hurt people I knew.

13 Likes

If the girl is 18 now and her face looks like that all I see is a high likelihood of child abuse, frankly. How many times did mom “practice” on her before setting up shop scamming people with this absolutely dangerous practice.

20 Likes

Probably quite a lot… While legally, she’s responsible for her actions, since she’s 18, I’m guessing her mom really pressured her into running this operation with her. Her brain isn’t fully formed, too, so there’s that…

But at the end of the day, her looks don’t matter and bringing it up is just a distract from the actual story.

12 Likes

Maybe those fillers will fill up the large cracks?

NB - I think I may have an illegal butt, right now!

2 Likes

Those mug shots look to me like they did each other’s faces, too.

This is appallingly, terrifyingly dangerous stuff.

8 Likes

Never get bottom probes from people that knowingly try to look like aliens.

1 Like

I think a better way of looking at it is that she’s most likely a thrall of the mother, will get a lighter sentence, and it’ll be uphill from here.

7 Likes

Because hey were arrested for dodgy fillers and they appear to have injected dodgy fillers into their own or each others faces.

But we don’t know that they injected themselves or each other, so it’s just picking on their looks.

7 Likes

The story is about people who’ve used filler recklessly. And they’ve used them recklessly on themselves whoever did the injecting. It is relevant.

The story is about butt filler, and I don’t see any pictures of their butts.

6 Likes

It seems especially surprising given that(at least according to my JD from google) Texas is one of of the states where practicing medicine without a license is a felony, rather than a misdemeanor or one or the other depending on circumstances.

It’s definitely possible that I’m just wrong(if anyone knows I’d appreciate the correction); but if not I’d be curious about whether there was some limitation in the evidence that made under-charging in exchange for the defendants not fighting it preferable; or if cosmetic plastic surgery; especially of the unwise-but-outpatient flavor, is not taken entirely seriously as ‘medicine’ and you’ll only get the hammer dropped on you if someone who matters ends up dying; but cases where there’s either no harmed patient readily available or it’s just some poors who might end up with industrial silicone migration at some point in the future the authorities aren’t desperately excited.

2 Likes

My capillaries are screaming at the idea of having PMMA microspheres migrating around; even if they do offer pretty good biocompatibility.

3 Likes

And in this case, quite literally toxic.
There may be other reasons for seeking this kind of treatment, but our toxic beauty standards and our culture’s support of them is definitely one reason.
I’m not as exposed to it anymore since I don’t have TV with all the ads and don’t get magazines that have that stuff in them anymore, but the “ideal” is shoved in our faces constantly.
One recent example, this is getting slightly off topic of “beauty,” but I’m staying at a place with TV right now, and there are these ads targeted at women for deodorant for your whole body!!! “I have regular deodorant, but it’s not just my armpits. I realized my thighs smell, too.” Then they show a young woman out on a hike, rolling deodorant onto her legs. WTF?

18 Likes

What. They. Look. Like. Does. Not. Matter.

Stop judging women by their looks. Its’ straight up misogyny.

And it would not matter if they did. :woman_shrugging:

12 Likes
5 Likes

Well, you know, the fact that people were injecting toxic materials into themselves or others wouldn’t be a problem as long as it looked good in the end. The real problem is that I don’t find the end result visually pleasing.
:roll_eyes:

I’m totally being sarcastic, but it seems from some of the postings here that some people actually think this way.

Tracy Morgan Bullshit GIF by Team Coco

13 Likes

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

It’s really fucking frustrating to live in a world where people see you as an object and judge you on how visually appealing they find you. And then they tear you down for doing exactly what they demand. It’s so… dehumanizing. :sob:

10 Likes