Man goes to drug store dressed as an enormous drug store receipt

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/01/man-goes-to-drug-store-dressed.html

7 Likes

i love that his discount worked. now THAT’S attention to detail in a costume! haha

14 Likes

And that, it having worked, the manager just rolled with it. No “we can’t do it that way arse covering”

8 Likes

How did his dog react?

9 Likes

Before watching the video, my first thought was, “But did he get his money back?”

2 Likes

OMG - yes - those receipts are absurd.

4 Likes

This is great. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember CVS formally pledging to make their receipts smaller.

4 Likes

did he crumple himself up and jump in the garbage can on the way out?

8 Likes

Right after the Tylenol poisoning scare back in ~1980 a bunch of us dressed as Tylenol capsules (really just red and white clothes from a thrift store), and entered a party with a sheet around us as the bottle. We called it Dielenol. We won an ad hoc prize of “Best Costume for Four Consenting Adults.”

6 Likes

Seems to me I saw pictures of a similar costume several years ago, and that was pretty much the last I’d heard of the infamous too-long-CVS receipt. I assumed they’d finally cleaned up their act, having become a figure of public mockery. It seems not.

1 Like

Nope. I average about 2-3 feet no matter what I buy.

3 Likes

Does he have no friends. It’s mostly POV shots with just a bit of the actual costume.

His friend dressed up as a CVS bag, he was out in the parking lot blowing around.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.