Watch the first public reveal of the man who turned himself into a realistic flat-coated collie

Originally published at: Watch the first public reveal of the man who turned himself into a realistic flat-coated collie | Boing Boing

2 Likes

confused cat GIF

10 Likes

Eh, the appearance of a dog with end-of-life-stage joint problems maybe. But whatever makes people happy.

18 Likes

WHYYYYYYyyyyyYYYYYYYyyyyYYY???

4 Likes

I have had a vague dream of becoming an animal since I was a child.

overly pedantic_man says:

a vague dream of a non-human animal.

8 Likes

What Lassie? Timmy fell down the well? Why the accent?

4 Likes

Why not? Dude looks good!

2 Likes

Dog looks like he’s got bad arthritis. Man sounds like he needs to interrogate his childhood aspirations a little more closely.

1 Like

Talk about the Uncaniney Valley.

9 Likes

That’s basically Teddy Salad cosplay; thankfully without the surgery.

3 Likes

i just don’t get it. he’s already an animal – why go to that extreme to be another one?

1 Like

Jon Lovitz Thespian GIFs | Tenor

I have a very good and handsome Shetland Sheepdog. He’s really great, so I could see why someone might want to emulate him.

Also, when I was a child I went through a cat phase. In my mind I was a cat. Three-year-old me didn’t have 40k to drop on a custom suit, but if I did I’m sure I would have. I don’t remember what was exactly going through my head at the time, though. Just loved cats, I guess. Or maybe the idea of cats. What’s not to love?

Anyway, as long as he’s not engaging in public urination or anything it seems pretty harmless.

4 Likes

I smell a children’s book… but dark: “TOCO, GO HOME”

I think he wants to get away with humping people’s legs.

As a Halloween costume – yes – but as an important facet of one’s lifestyle?

1 Like

I was trying to figure out how his legs (that is… his hind legs) are situated. It looks like he’s walking on tip-toe and his knees are up there with him in the “body” of the suit.

4 Likes

Iggy Pop joined the chat

2 Likes

Who’s a good walking dead boy?

Whatever gets you through the night.

Hey folks, let’s keep in mind we have several beloved and respected furries in this community, so let’s keep the curiosity up, and the judgement down as much as possible.

My biggest complaint is why the embedded video was all weird leash-length closeups that didn’t give a very good idea of the locomotion at all. I also wonder how much this fellow would be able to improve his dog locomotion with some neutral-mask theater and dance training…

6 Likes

If that’s the case then I hope this exposure helps him find consenting adults who would be interested in assisting with that. As long as everyone is on board for the experience.

I feel like the more I think about it, the more that it kind of makes sense. My dog gets compliments from strangers all the time. People see a handsome, fluffy dog and just want to lavish him with affection. Everyone needs some love and attention now and then. Maybe being a doggo felt like the best way to accomplish it for this guy. I mean, that’s a lot of conjecture on my part, I don’t know what he is thinking. But it seems possible.

For me, having a costume like this might be fun to see if I could interact with my dog on a more doggy level. But it might freak him out, so it may be a bad idea. And he’s pretty accepting of me how I am, so I guess there’s no need to change.

2 Likes