Man hilariously reacts to gelatin-forward vintage recipes like "spinach and sardine mold"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/18/man-hilariously-reacts-to-gelatin-forward-vintage-recipes-like-spinach-and-sardine-mold.html

3 Likes

As a fan of spinach and sardines, that looked like a puréed, unseasoned mass. Adding some olives, garlic, and onion or shallots might change that reaction into this:

Kevin Abstract GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

Having those ingredients molded into a different shape shouldn’t make them taste bad.

3 Likes

Canadian Lol GIF
Okay…I’m following the YouTube channel.

2 Likes

#3 is my favourite. Whatever that weird, Lovecraftian horror is, he shouldn’t have to eat it on his own; she should definitely have a bite

3 Likes

It looks as if there is an animated version, as well.

6 Likes

Das Auge isst mit.

(Now go forth, make a literal translation, and enjoy the mental imagery.)

2 Likes

Everything with gelatine? Not Serious Eats with Kenji Lopez Alt?

Because that’s food, just with gelatine in it.

actually, the one in the picture at the top of the post seems good, or at least edible. i want to see this guy reacting to that one, not the outlandish weird ones, which of course are going to be hated.

I won’t follow it, because I’m an algorithm snob.
:wink:
But I did share a link with my flame, because this was funny:

4 Likes

… I will reluctantly refrain from posting random images of spinach, sardines, and mold :grimacing:

2 Likes

There’s always a way to elevate even the worst recipes:

6 Likes

Sort of like a multimedia interactive version of James Lileks Gallery of Regrettable Food.

https://www.lileks.com/institute/gallery/knox/index.html

Nick Offerman Laughing GIF
Back in the day I had an aunt who used to bring shit like that to every family get together. Awful…

4 Likes

The pastry looks tasty but, and I know I shouldn’t ask, what’s underneath it?

1 Like

Spinach and sardines…

3 Likes

Thanks, lol, I had a feeling it would be something like that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.