Man in Alabama steps out of car to watch cracks forming on ground — then bridge collapses (video)

Originally published at: Man in Alabama steps out of car to watch cracks forming on ground — then bridge collapses (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes
11 Likes

“Simon & Garfunkel, customer needs assistance on Aisle 3…”

9 Likes

I have to admit that when I read the headline, including “Alabama”, I assumed he was on the bridge when it collapsed. :person_shrugging: Still fun to hear the southern accent when he said “here it goes”.

3 Likes

Looks to me like the bridge itself actually stays (more or less) intact while a part of the road is washed away.

Let’s hope the videographer’s home was on the same side of the creek as they were when this happened.

3 Likes

It’s a bit disingenuous to say the bridge fell into the river creek below. It was more like a river at the same height as the bridge.

I’m sorry, but that’s quite clearly an open road, not a closed road. If the road were closed, the traffic would be able to flow.

Wait. That’s circuits. So sorry.

5 Likes

also, don’t think about the arrows being backwards

3 Likes

Clearly the bridge wasn’t high enough for the river to go under. Maybe they could lower the river?

7 Likes

Animated GIF

1 Like

WATER CURTAIN

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.