Man in background of news segment misses train

2 Likes

Oder in da Toskana
Mit 'n Dalai Lama
Ganz entspannt
Den Zug vasama
Das ist Freiheit

I wanted to laugh, but today, that man needs someone on his side, so :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: that train!

But then I also thought the GIF would go nicely with Once In A Lifetime. :smirk:

…same as it ever was.

6 Likes

Not a knock on the mistake, but a celebration; it makes me wonder what life would be like in “Canafa”. I would also like to try life in “Canaba.” Possibly pleasant days are had in “Canaaa.” Replacing that “d” with any other letter creates a whole new country and culture.

Not much sleep last night.

4 Likes

I would assume he said Jaevla which means something like devil and was my old Swedish co-worker’s favorite curse - and according to her used where we in the US would just yell “Fuck!”

ETA: Beaten to the devil-punch at least once.

1 Like

Step 1: Find interviews with Scottish racer Guy Martin
Step 2: Turn on autotranslate.
Step 3: Enjoy the fever dream.

2 Likes

I dunno - that gif pretty much encapsulates 2020…

2 Likes

Can do!

1 Like

Unlike lots of other parts of Europe it’s a bit more annoying since you must buy a ticket for the specific train you’re taking, not just for the day you want to go on. And trains are actually quite expensive if you’re paying the full regular adult fare as well.

2 Likes

I think we all felt that way the day Trump was elected.

3 Likes

I did exactly that about 20 years ago. Attempting to go from Bratislava to Budapest, got on a train at about 2 am. About 3 hours later a conductor asked me for my ticket, and then tried to explain to me that I was on a train that was going to Krakow (or somewhere like that).

Because it was operated by humans they were very nice about it. Kicked us off the train at some random village, told us to get on the next one going South. They must have radioed the other train because they picked us up and sent us on our way.

4 Likes

ooh, i love that movie. it’s underrated – it’s definitely very much like a Basil Fawlty movie.

2 Likes

Right!

I used to work in a city an hour and a half train ride away with one transfer. Had to get up early to get in time for work, usually fell asleep in the train.
One time I awoke terrified because I thought I’d missed my station where I had to switch trains. Ran outside, stumbled down some stairs. It was only then that I realised the stairs were going the wrong way: I remembered they had to go up, not down. Ran back to the platform, luckily my train hadn’t left yet, so I jumped back in. The train took off… In the opposite direction. To add to my stupidity, I thought it would be smart to double back at the next station.
Instead of doing that at a major station, I got off at a station where only one train stops every hour. During rush hour.
I am not a smart man.

1 Like

My kids used to travel on the train between Seattle and Portland to visit their mother. One time I was just a bit too last minute on dropping them off and they missed the train. We raced to the next stattion but just as I pulled into the station I could see their train starting to leave. Several times I was able to get ahead of the train while on the interstate, but I always lost the race from the interstate to the station. Finally I gave up and drove the rest of the way to Portland. Depending on traffic and how heavy your foot is it’s about 6 to 8 hour round trip. Plenty of time to think about how leaving sooner for the train station would have been a good thing.

6 Likes

Less sleep = less brain! :joy: Glad it all worked out eventually. :hugs:

He’s practising for a David Bryne roll ? :slightly_smiling_face:

That guy would be perfect in a Japanese samurai movie where everyone rages like that while simply saying hello.

1 Like

But their double entendre will make a sailor blush!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.