Man in China lifted ex-girlfriend's eyelids while she slept to unlock her phone and steal

Originally published at: Man in China lifted ex-girlfriend's eyelids while she slept to unlock her phone and steal | Boing Boing

4 Likes

The 28-year-old gentleman

I’m not sure “gentleman” is the word I would use here.

3 Likes

This is one for Jerry Springer, and I would dump that ahole asap.

1 Like

Something you know, something you have, something you are. If you’re not using at least two of these, you’re not secure. If you’re using all three, so much the better.

8 Likes

That’s what we use to denote someone doing bad shit to others… did you misplace the BB style guide AGAIN… it should be right there next to the Chicago style guide…

10 Likes

Well, he did manage to lift her eyelid and get her fingerprint without waking her so …

2 Likes

The gentleman had given her cold ‘medicine’ while ‘tending’ to her ailment. She was unlikely to wake. I heard about this case today on the Smashing Security podcast.

6 Likes

While your advice is good, this person was present in the victim’s home while they were unconscious. I don’t think any amount of security guidelines was enough to protect her.

1 Like

My first thought was all of the thief’s careful plans would’ve failed if the bank called to get the funds transfer code. It’s not hard to set up, and prevents situations like this. Using a phrase that isn’t shared with anyone else works well.

ETA:

Getting the code would fail in this scenario. However, with a criminal who attempts this when the victim is awake and under duress, one would need a panic code. That alerts the bank that you’re in trouble, and to contact law enforcement.

1 Like

I wonder what his plan B was if lifting the eyelid didn’t work?

Search him for a sharpened spoon.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.