Man interviews himself 38 years later and makes it into an amazing movie

[Read the post]

9 Likes

That was interesting. Thanks BB!

3 Likes

Pretty cool. Also done (well) by this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGAQrEUaeU

6 Likes

Very cute. One of those things that makes me go “Wow, wish I had thought of that years ago, so I could be having fun now. Welp, too bad, no way am I going to learn some kind of lesson from this and do something for future-me now.

6 Likes

Very clever but I would hate to have done something like this at 18 and have it hanging over my head all these years.

4 Likes

Brilliant idea and nicely executed.

4 Likes

This guy’s talented. The video linked at the end of that video is really good too:

5 Likes

What a great idea for a project!

2015 me: Hey, remember when we were a kid, and went as a skeleton for Halloween? Haha, you won’t need that scratchy cheapass costume now!
2053 me: … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … <plink> (the sound of a metacarpal falling off)

Someone will have to help me with the camera work in 2053.

7 Likes

Sometimes I wish I had a future me goading me into spending less time on the BBS.

8 Likes

http://crazy-frankenstein.com/free-wallpapers-files/christmas-carol-wallpapers/christmas-carol-ghost-of-christmas-future-wallpapers-1920x1200.jpg

8 Likes

Less charitably, I’m thinking “Now he tells us.”

2 Likes

And…real life has officially become weirder than Star Trek.

Cool.

And I jest, but not entirely. Science fiction is still rehashing the same tropes from a century ago while the future moves on. It’s a golden missed opportunity.

2 Likes

For anyone looking to do this in textual form, and for the subset of that group too lazy to create a text file, write stuff, archive it, and then reread it some time in the future…that is, someone like myself, here’s a good solution: The 10 Questions Project. At one point in the year, an email prompt will be sent and for each of the next 10 days a question will be asked and the answer recorded accordingly. Exactly a year in the future, the system will send your answers back, along with new questions to be answered.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.