Man kills Frogzilla, a freakishly huge Texas bullfrog

I am aware :slight_smile: i’m just providing some background since you said that frog consumption highly depends on the region. Where i grew up such a thing is not practiced as far as i know.

2 Likes

Not many people knew Jeremiah quite as we did. Is it not those friends who mystify us and confound us, those who we do not understand on the surface, who are also the most likely to share with us their wine, the sacred blood of the lord?

All the boys and girls, let us pray:
Joy to the world…

4 Likes

“They are losers!” Hint: History does not indicate that Hitler ever said that.

Even if they’re two different species, that’s still some crazy forced perspective on the first one.

It’s similar forced perspective to the original.

1 Like

They might jump at the chance.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Perfect accompaniment to my Shrimp-Scallop-Saffron Risotto lunch at my desk right now, although I must open my mouth to eat it; I’ll take the chance. Mmmmmmmm.

2 Likes

Indeed, yes.

Oh Oh, wait. I completely forgot that this should allow me to post one of my favorite Peter Gabriel songs. I actually got to go on the ride that was one of the Imaxish surround screens with a moving “vehicle” that dubbed Peter Gabriel’s Mindblender.

Original - better version

Video from the Mindblinder “ride”, with what was at the time pretty neat CGI.

2 Likes

Most food animals are not killed anymore humanely than a shot to the head, and quite a few meet considerably more gruesome ends. Our cats take pleasure in killing prey, and they’ll play with it first if they can. Personally I have no objection to hunting with a permit as long as the kill is not wasted.

Just my opinion.

4 Likes

Why would the fact the frog wasn’t moving make a difference? Every ethical still hunter waits for a land animal to stop if they can so as to make a clean humane shot. Would it have been somehow more ethical in your mind if he was taking potshots at a moving (hopping) target and winged it?

2 Likes

Why do you assume he indiscriminately killed it? The article specifically mentions eating frog legs. Its a near certainty that that animal was eaten. Are you suggesting that feedlot cows killed with a boltgun in an abattoir are somehow more ethical than a hunter killing a free-range animal with a single well placed shot?

1 Like

tot homines, quot sententiae.

1 Like

So… your point is what?

Certainly. Or in the modern parlance, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

2 Likes

You are as entitled to your opinion about what constitutes “ethical” hunting behaviour as I am entitled to mine. But they are just opinions, no more. I stated my opinion, you stated yours, but your opinion is in no sense a response to mine; it’s just different without some framework of ethics on which we could agree. And I suspect we couldn’t.
I assumed that anyone who has a view of ethics will know the tag from Terentius, since it’s pretty important in that field.

I was scanning comments to see if someone was going to mention what appears to be luscious locks. Nobody seems to be talking about it and I feel like frog hair something I would have heard about.

1 Like

Maybe it’s dreds.

Perhaps it’s the pelts of the Wookiees the frog defeated.

2 Likes

I can’t decide if it is spurting viscous ichor or enough hair to power a particularly degenerate glam metal band.

Neither seems situationally appropriate.

2 Likes