Man learning to juggle shows us difference between Day 1 and Day 30

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/08/man-learning-to-juggle-shows-u.html

1 Like

This is the book I learned with as a teenager. Practicing is key but you can get the basic techniques down in under an hour.

Most newbies have trouble with throwing the balls outward rather than up so working against a wall until you develop a smooth motion is helpful.

4 Likes

This. And 3 objects is easy peasy. Some of the tricks not so much but most are simple. It mostly convincing the brain you can do it.

10 minutes is also a good stopping time for practice as this is one thing where you start screwing up more as you get tired.

2 Likes

this is also very much a “like riding a bike” skill; once you’ve got it, you’ve got it for life even if you quit for a long time.

2 Likes

I can attest to this. Also if you get it down to muscle memory you can be can’t walk a straight line intoxicated but still pick up 3 balls/beanbags and throw a basic cascade nicely. Not that I umm know from experience or anything…ahem.

1 Like

If you get to 0:50 he is juggling pretty well for Day 1, throwing and catching three balls for several cycles. He is not starting from zero skill (i.e., the way I juggle - throw one ball, drop two).

Warning - if you have a cat on your desk, turn your speakers down. Now, to pick up some papers…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.