Man lives in lunar lander on riverbank

I wonder how it is in the Winter?

1 Like

Sorry in advance but every morning I would be saying “one big dump for man…”

1 Like

This serendipitously compliments my favorite song this week; The Other Side Of The Moon by Don Tiki.

History quibble! Everyone knows the REAL first words were from Buzz Aldrin as the lander… landed: “Okay, contact light.” And yes that was from inside the lander but Armstrong said his johnny-come-lately from inside a spacesuit and aren’t we all just brains inside big squishy meatsuits and tiny sparks of self-awareness glimmering SOMEWHERE inside that even squishier brain (unless you’re a believer in the antenna-brain hypothesis which just further proves the initial point) so Aldrin was FIRST and then there were hours of tech chatter before Armstrong finally flounced down the ladder to flub his line, as elaborated here:

which is from my favorite crazy conservative tabloid which has a SCIENCE section good lord with a heaping helping of real science mixed in with the crazy sensationalism and the fun part is unweaving it for example " Yellowstone volcano’s ‘devastating’ threat as scientist warns of ‘explosive 40km eruption’ " YOWZA!
1 Like

I kinda like the flubbed version anyway, and flubbing a line in that moment is just about the most human thing a person could do, so it only makes the whole story better. :grinning:

5 Likes

Whoops, almost forgot, the Express also reveals in another SHOCKING ARTICLE:

that Buzz “Firsty” Aldrin had smuggled on-board a small bottle of consecrated wine and a (presumably also consecrated) piece of bread and a chalice “our church had given me” and performed the communion ritual! Thus making the first meal consumed on our hitherto pristine orbital companion the body and blood of Christ! Unless maybe Armstrong tucked in a celebratory cube of that space ice cream when Buzz wasn’t looking… Regardless, given Aldrin’s status as “an elder at the Webster Presbyterian Church” and the apparent participation of other members of his religious organization we can only take this as an active attempt to preemptively claim the Moon in the name of Jesus! Protestant Texas Jesus at that!
1 Like
And then some...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.