Halloween Costume: Lunar Module Costume: Big Sis Lunar Lander, Little Sis Astronaut (with flag)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/30/excellent-space-themed-hallowe.html

14 Likes

wow…just wow. that is a great costume on so many levels.
holy shit…so good.

16 Likes

Didn’t even bother to shoop-out the driveway for some craters. Finally, incontrovertible evidence the moon landing was faked!

13 Likes

I’m partial to the squid.

1 Like

I’d be impressed even if it WASN’T a costume! But the fact that a tiny human can fit in there puts it over the top!

11 Likes

This is fantastic- thanks for sharing!!

2 Likes

Good thing they live in the 'burbs.

Sidewalk space, guys.

17 Likes

I have never been jealous of a costume before, both are great but that Lander is amazing!

17 Likes

I want one!

11 Likes

Yeah, no kidding. Our sidewalks are ca. 150 year old bluestone. Narrow and nothing but trip hazards.

5 Likes

The front hatch magnetically closes and magnetically stays open, and doubles as a candy sample input port

It’s scientific cuteness!

13 Likes

I can’t tell for sure, but possibly lots of room for a big candy haul in there, too?

6 Likes

OMG, those are some seriously serious costumes. (And seriously cute.) I do wonder how long a 5 year old will tolerate that unwieldy lander outfit, though. It might get discarded somewhat quickly the evening of…

I was just thinking about that. I guess their neighbors don’t have front gates in their yards, either, or any other chokepoints that the costume wouldn’t be able to fit through.

7 Likes

Now I want my own Lunar Lander

2 Likes

OMG - so good!

1 Like

You too? Calamari in a wine/garlic/saffron sauce always does it for me.

One could go as a Saturn-Apollo Moon Rocket; nice and narrow!

3 Likes

Next next next level makerism…

But how is that lander a costume? That’s like calling a car a costume… which is kind of true… whoa… dude…

3 Likes

they tried to make the real one as light as possible and it still weighed several tons

3 Likes

Oh yeah? Well I used to cut holes in sheets to make eyes so my kids could be ghosts. So there! Hah! I’m creative too! I am… I am…

(sobbing into my martini)

Seriously, this is amazing, and there’s some really wonderful and clever parents and kids out there. Great stuff.

3 Likes

Wow. Just - wow.
Made my day, thanks!

4 Likes