Man mods tandem bike to become the "Centaur of Attention"

Originally published at: Man mods tandem bike to become the "Centaur of Attention" | Boing Boing

13 Likes

I love this. It also brings to mind a (perhaps unrelated) observation by my high school classics teacher about the libidos of centaurs : “anything that moves.”

15 Likes

Do you think that a centaur could actually ride a bike? Would they be able to get on it?

2 Likes

Apparently yes.

8 Likes

It’d look more lifelike if he had a mullet.

4 Likes

This guy is cooler than the Geico Motaur, I’d say. Motaur is getting weirder by the ad…

John Varley’s Gaea trilogy includes a society of centaurs. Each individual has both human and equine genitalia. Varley goes into some detail about the possibilities.

4 Likes

That level of dedication to a dad-pun deserves credit, alright.

11 Likes

This is the only sane, sensible or viable use there is for a tandem. :wink:

3 Likes

I would be shocked if this guy has not read any of Piers Anthony’s Xanth books.

3 Likes

Tandem bicycles are also the only option for blind cyclists (unless you count stationary bikes).

8 Likes

I thought my /s would be assumed. You are correct, of course.

2 Likes

And more effective, seeing that the Motaur is an ad campaign for Progressive Insurance…

1 Like

mlp-fim-pinkie-pie-rimshot

A happy mutant indeed!

10 Likes

This would be more complete with the addition of a Trotify.

6 Likes

Some would say, way too much detail but yeah, Gaia is the best SF/Fantasy crossover I can think of. When your headquarters is demolished by an avalanche of cathedrals, you know things are getting serious.

1 Like

LOL you can tell I’m not shopping for insurance! My attention to ads is pretty peripheral at this point – I do tend to try to filter them out (I even mute them more now than I used to).

I see your Motaur and raise you a Boycycle

4 Likes

Am I the only person thinking that, to look a bit more realistic, the cranks should be 180 degrees out of phase? That is, if a centaur’s gallop is like a horse’s.

3 Likes

That would confuse the peloton.

9 Likes