Man offers lifeline to fox trapped in a pit

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/26/man-offers-lifeline-to-fox-trapped-in-a-pit.html

18 Likes

Didn’t know I needed that this morning.

22 Likes

Pit: Ha! Outfoxed!

Fox: Ha! Fox out!

32 Likes

Holy shit, that thing can JUMP. I had no idea they could get so high.

26 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://gfycat.com/whirlwindclassicivorybilledwoodpecker

12 Likes

The fox was probably terrified and jumping for its life. So is anyone going to ask what a 3+ meter pit is doing there?

7 Likes

It’s a fox hole.

30 Likes

Toddler on shoulder, I wandered over to look at the raccoon stuck in the dumpster. I lowered the long-handled shovel. “Get on” I said. Raccoon said “no, you’re scary.” “Get on, if I was going to hit you with it, that would already have happened” I said. Tentatively, climbed on and after two tries, it was out and scampered away.

Next day, same raccoon, same dumpster. “I was a silly beast” it said, as I lowered the shovel. “Get on”. Raccoon climbed on, and took the ride first time. It seemed to have learned its lesson that time…

(For years after, ask my daughter where raccoon live and she’d reply “dumpsters”.)

Beasts don’t usually get the words, but I find if I talk clearly about what I’m thinking, and the message is simple, that the substantial part of human communication that’s non-verbal does the trick… not that I would try fishing a bear or a cougar out of a tight spot.

21 Likes

FFS would it kill him to say thank you ? How rude.

6 Likes

That guy, that guy is my f’ing hero!

17 Likes

Squee! My day is just that little bit sunnier!

12 Likes

Picturing very clearly what you’re thinking, including the result you’re going for, seems to work well w/animals, too.

9 Likes

I wonder how the fox fell in in the first place…texting?

10 Likes

I wouldn’t have expected a fox to pick up on that solution, especially in such a panicked state. I guess their clever reputation isn’t a myth.

10 Likes

Faith in humanity; momentarily restored.

13 Likes

no kidding – i was afraid the fall back down was going to break something!

4 Likes

Its not jumping, though. He’s Jackie-Chan-ing up the wall with his claws.

5 Likes

Parkour fox is parkouring?

4 Likes

Username checks out

6 Likes

Probably It was a cistern, a tank to store water. I think it’s still incomplete, it looks like they’re still going to cover it. As it stands, it is dangerous for animals, children or the elderly.

2 Likes