Man paves road with unwashed clam shells, neighbors are sickened by stench

I was trying to think of something to make a bearded clam joke, but nothing I came up with was very funny…

3 Likes

Something about the smell of unwashed clams being strong enough to sicken the neighbors.

But that’s what this article is about.

5 Likes

One million maggots writing for one million years will eventually produce the complete works of Shakespeare. True fact.

14 Likes

But what happened?

FWIW, we had a fox drag something under our screened-in porch last summer, and left it there to rot. We couldn’t get it out, so it just turned into flies. Based on the one or two feathers near the deck, it was probably a wild turkey. 1 turkey. It took a full month for the smell to go away, and there was a prodigious quantity of flies to be killed every day for 3 weeks.

I can’t imagine what a few truckloads of clam meat on a road would smell like, especially in the sun and rain. Yes, it’ll probably be done in a few months, but at the cost of basically never being able to open your windows.

16 Likes

Did the town raise a stink?

16 Likes

Yes, but the difference being that the turkey carcass was relatively well protected under your porch, this is in the open air and direct sun. I’m guessing it will be all but unnoticeable by the end of august, unless you’re laying out in the middle of the road sunbathing.

of course it “smells like bodies”… because it IS bodies! little clam bodies!

21 Likes

Cue S*it was only 99 cents memes.

4 Likes

FREE SUSHI!!

2 Likes

My immediate thought was that he did this to dissuade people from using the road or something. But maybe that’s not the case?

Oof. *Writhing.

3 Likes

They probably still do. I haven’t been back to Florida since 2002.

2 Likes

Honk if it stinks

Honk Honk!

2 Likes

Maybe she’s clamouring for attention.

12 Likes

If it’s an access road to his property, hopefully he’ll be the only one driving it.

good name for a band.

9 Likes

It would have helped if the article clarified whether they were bearded clams or not…

1 Like

Truly, all politics are local.

8 Likes

And then when wintertime rolls around, the gorillas simply freeze to death.

7 Likes