Man pepper sprayed for walking past police

Oh man the SPD is so in deep. They also recently arrested a 70 year old veteran for doing nothing more than being black and using a golf club for a cane. Can someone find triple facepalm pic? You would think with DOJ coming down on them like a 40lb sledge hammer they would get a clue. But I guess not.

5 Likes

This really comes down to a situation of “why the fuck can’t we have police arrested for assault?”

17 Likes

I show stuff like this to my sons and let them decide whether or to respect police. That wretch is a useless excuse for a human being. Bet on the day when someone slaps the bejeezus out of her that all her cop comrades will rally and say she’s great. Pack mentality

2 Likes

2 Likes

I swear in Jr. High School I had a science teacher who graded on how much taller you were than him (he was just shy of 4’11" I think).

It’s the greatest perversion of Niemöller’s “First they came
”

“First they came for bad cops who commit murder, assault, and theft with impunity or even official sanction, but I spoke up and covered for the bad cops so they never had a chance to come for me, even though they wouldn’t if I didn’t do anything wrong. I mean, I’m here to protect and serve other cops, right?”

5 Likes

No no no, you misunderstand. She was claiming that she was going to disperse some pepper spray. Possibly onto a caesar salad that someone in the crowd had brought with them.

2 Likes

You can, but you need to do it yourself. You can’t expect them to do it. It’s really not safe to engage in conflicts with police, but the alternative isn’t really safe either, in the long run.

Because she had COMPLETELY lost control of the situation, such as it were. No one who is screeching like she was has any control of anything. Quite what she was supposed to be keeping control of is anyone’s guess

8 Likes

Classic short-person complex. She’s compensating.

Is anybody losing their job, or their pension?

Until police abuses result in anything other than meetings that fiddle on the margins with procedures, nothing will change.

2 Likes

You know that’s a thing that doesn’t exist, right?

It isn’t? A short woman in a job typically occupied by large men might be motivated to demonstrate her toughness and ability to her colleagues. (NWA remarked on a similar dynamic where black cops act overly abusive to black suspects in order to prove which side they’re on to their white partners.)

Of course, freaking out like this demonstrates the opposite of toughness and ability, but she clearly wasn’t in a self-reflective analytical mood.

2 Likes

another view. the is by the light pole in the upper left:

2 Likes

A tall person doing exactly the same is just an angry tall person. A short person acting like this is labelled as “short person syndrome” and told they are overcompensating.

4 Likes

So why are they blocking this street? can anyone explain what was happening to cause this really odd behaviour?

there was a march on MLK day. I don’t know the details. the police were trying to stop or reroute the march. The protesters have been shutting down major streets, hwy 99 and Interstate 5 through Seattle at rush hour and have made themselves as unpopular as the police with most residents.

1 Like

Obviously laymen’s psychological diagnoses based on ten seconds of Youtube video are not
 authoritative (to say the least.) But that doesn’t mean that the “syndrome” is nonexistent.

There have been plenty of studies that debunk Short Man Syndrome/Napoleon Complex - which was based on inaccurate British propaganda to start with, because Napoleon wasn’t particularly short anyway.

Bloody tallsplainers.

5 Likes

Well no, but it not being a syndrome makes it not a syndrome. Like I said, EVERYONE acts like an ass sometimes, but when it’s someone of less than average height, for some reason, people are ultraquick to label it as a psychological trait.

Just another part of the stigma attached to being short.

(N.B. I’m slightly taller than average before anyone tries to diagnose me, but many in my family are slightly shorter than average and get shit like this all the time)

4 Likes