Man pointing bong shaped like a rifle causes major scare in San Diego

Yep. Sure.

1 Like

Aw, thought I was in with a shot there.

4 Likes

Sorry, you certainly weren’t firing blanks, but “smoking gun”? Come on, it doesn’t get much pithier and wittier than that. It really triggered my punny bone.

I thought it was a bit blunt, but fair enough. I won’t drag it out any longer.

9 Likes

Well it’s been a barrel of laughs but we must stop rifling through our mental thesauruses to look for new targets.

Goodnight. :wink:

2 Likes

You shouldn’t be waving guns about when your loaded.
Maybe it’s as silly as the mock “attack” a mate and I made on a Guatemalan telephone exchange back in the day, tossing firecrackers like grenades and shouting out Sandanista! Sandanista! between shrieks of laughter - 'shrooms will do that to you. We stopped after a hefty guard showed up at the door sporting a stern demeanor. It could have gone much worse.

1 Like

Sorry. Another open goal.

I suspect that in a volatile situation like Guatamala at that time “sporting a stern demeanour” was a real let-off. (Great turn of phrase, that.) Maybe you got lucky and the guard was experienced enough to tell the difference between the sound of firecrackers and real bullets. I imagine you had to be extremely off your head on 'shrooms not to consider ‘what could possibly go wrong’.

2 Likes

Drunk-Me once lifted my shirt to prove I wasn’t armed; two police officers raised their MP5s and took a pace back. Not my finest hour, obviously.

1 Like

Now that sounds like a good story - and a pretty damn fine hour, too.

(OK, I’m going to descend a level or three … surely being ABLE to lift your shirt proved you WERE armed? I’ll get my coat.)

1 Like

No statement from the NRA?

Marijuana users can’t buy guns. It’s on the NICS form.

Perhaps if, vice versa, there were some way to enforce gun users not being able to use marijuana, there might be a smidgen fewer guns. Maybe not many, I’ll grant, but it’s a thought …

Well, they do. In many places if caught with marijuana, you’re arrested. And if it is a felony level crime, you lose your gun rights and your right to vote. This tactic has disenfranchised many minorities and others over the past several decades.

It is only now that weed has become main stream and it isn’t just “hippies and Negros” using it like the Nixon administration framed it, that state laws have changed in some places where marijuana possession won’t affect your freedoms.

Personally, while I do find SOME weed users super annoying, I don’t think they are any worse than the average drinker and not sure why they shouldn’t enjoy the rights and privileges others have. And while this article has an example of a weed user doing something very stupid, I don’t think weed users have a monopoly on dumb shit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.