Man pranks people upset with Target for no longer segregating toys by gender

I find it hilarious (and kind of scary) that so many of these people believe the replies simply because the sender has a Target-like avatar.

12 Likes

Reading those comments, it actually seems like most people think that the reason that Target is considering it is because of this whole idea of gender identities that conservative America either doesn’t seem to get or doesn’t believe exists. I wonder if some of these Fox news have been trying to push that belief as if it’s all about accommodating transgender kids.

4 Likes

Thing is, if Target just put the toys on shelves, just without distinct gender labeling, and did it without any fanfare, then who would notice?

Your kids would go pick the toy they want. No big deal.

5 Likes

As someone with restricted nasal cavities, I am OFFENDED by your use of the term…

2 Likes

But, but, but, they might pick the WRONG toy and catch teh gay!

5 Likes

Barbie and GI Joe have no genitals at all. They cater to the non-sexuals. And about time too.

4 Likes

The way I remember toy stores, certain parts of the store were de facto segregated. The doll aisle and the military model kits aisle attracted very different demographics. Also, pink was not a socially acceptable color for boys. However this was never made explicit. We had to keep track of our own gender norms.

What exactly is the scenario that those people fear? That they may be standing in the toy department, unable to figure out if the ball they are looking at is for boys or for girls?

4 Likes

Here’s a fun game: Reread all the facebook posts, but every time you see the phrase “politically correct”, mentally replace it with the phrase “respect for others”.

20 Likes

Yeah, I gotta say, given the ranting I’ve been doing recently about how gendered childrens’ toys are basically THE WORST, I’m on board with this, and I applaud the trolls.

Though I do wish they’d have more fun with it! Allahu Akbar indeed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Target? Are they still around?

• bob from Canada
1 Like

I find it simultaneously amusing and troubling how angry people seem about this.

8 Likes

these fruits should organize an apricot

6 Likes

Well, OK, now you have to tell us what the reference is!

6 Likes

Too funny.

It’s kind of funny, but Target is entitled to their own public relations strategy and it’s pretty inappropriate for him to be representing himself as Target.

2 Likes

These are probably the people who need a search and rescue mission in IKEA.

4 Likes

Target is a large corporation. They are not entitled to anything.

Next time we’ll be told that they are entitled to not be made fun of, to not be mocked, to demand the respect appropriate to a billion-dollar enterprise.

12 Likes

OMG, are you really bragging about raising some politically-correct, unamerrrrcan, mutant freak??

(jk. Congrats on the well-rounded little human :wink: )

2 Likes

Corporations are people too.

2 Likes

Then let’s execute BP.

8 Likes