Man rescued after driving car off 200 foot cliff

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/20/man-rescued-after-driving-car-off-200-foot-cliff.html

7 Likes

5 Likes

We were on vacation on the coast in Northern Sonoma County this past February. One of the locals told us that a person driving a truck at night went off the cliff earlier in the week. I got the impression that this is par for the course in this part of Northern California Hwy 1. There aren’t any lights on the road and people drive insanely fast during daylight hours. I personally wouldn’t want to drive it at night but if I’d had to, I wouldn’t go any faster than 30 mph for much of this stretch of highway.

9 Likes

I’ve heard of more than one couple head onto Highway 1 thinking all they’re in for is a beautiful scenic journey, and then become so stressed by the end of it they’re having near breakup-level arguments.

I wouldn’t drive that stretch for a long time by myself if I could possibly avoid it. I’m good.

7 Likes

Yep, it’s very stressful. I once made the mistake of driving south on Hwy 1 about five years ago and I was totally wigged out by the tailgaters. I had no issue using every freaking turnout just to shake them. Since that trip we always go back via Anderson Valley.

7 Likes

Perhaps his cat was driving.

8 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF
:joy_cat:

8 Likes

Using a view off the camera on his head, I cannot see the person when he calls it out (last 20ish second). That guy is good at his job, and saved this guy’s life.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.