Man smears dog excrement on far-right German politician

Also, with the centrist “civility” crowd…

14 Likes

I wonder if I haven’t been paying close enough attention to the left-center pundits over the last few weeks, or if this is a sudden change for them, but earlier this weekend, I noticed Matt Yglesias, Nate Silver, Kevin Drum, and a few others coming out hard against GLAAD for not hating trans kids enough. And going all-in on TERFism usually seems to be the starting point for people eventually deciding that Black people liked slavery, gay people should be branded, and Hitler had some good points.

5 Likes

toMAYto toMAHto

6 Likes

Yeah, these chucklefucks seem to be trying to hedge their bets in case the MAGA crowd succeeds next time, so they can say “see, we were with your culture wars all along! Don’t put US in the camps!” They’d rather be able to say they see “both sides” than to stand up for what’s right…

GAH!

Marc Maron Rage GIF by IFC

14 Likes

That some of these writers were ever posed as representing a certain political viewpoint was always just dumb media sorting-hat work. I always think of Drum’s comments on homeless people, “you’d be crazy not to have a reflexive disgust of them” as revealing a more useful axis, empathy/disgust, than whatever decades-old formal divider cast guys like him or Bill Maher or whoever as liberals.

13 Likes

Drum always described himself as conservative. I’m upset at myself for ever having taken Yglesias and Drum seriously. That said, they had a lot of people fooled. Look at The Young Turks! That said, I hope I don’t end up regretting my subscription to Talking Points Memo…

5 Likes

The bad news for them is that we will not forget their goat fucking, and forgiveness will be a long and hard road for them.

13 Likes

Indeed. In fact, given BB’s commenters contain many concerned with consent and with animal rights, I’m surprised noone has yet raised these issues. Clearly the dog was unable to give clear consent for its excrement to be mistreated in this way, so the human is at fault. Further, if there are photos of the nazi concerned after the application of the excrement, the dog has the right to be recognised as a contributor to these artworks. If that doesn’t happen then this is arguably a case of cannine cultural appropriation. I mean seriously, would it have hurt the guy to use his own excrement rather than getting the dog involved in his cause without its consent?

(Possible answer: If he intended to escape without being identified, it might have hurt him because he could be identified by DNA in his excrement, but given police presence, he likely realised he was going to be caught and arrested, hopefully before being attacked by the pro-nazi attendees.)

2 Likes

That’s a french thing

3 Likes

How about we leave Lotte Lenya out of this.

6 Likes

In Daun, Germany… eh. Consider that this also could have occurred in Cologne.

1 Like

Darmstadt, more like.

6 Likes

That’s really a shame because pig shit would be so much better in this kind of situation.

4 Likes

I hope someone was able to clean that disgusting filth off the dog turd.

9 Likes

That sounds like something a Nazi would say.

1 Like

Sure Jan GIF

4 Likes

Sometimes ya just gotta work with what ya got.

1 Like

:crazy_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.