Man so angry with 7-11 he starts his own store and calls it 6-12

Damn – that makes you more or less as old as I am! I remember that store from my grad school days at Brown. Back then (oh, those golden years) I spent far more time at the pinball arcade than in Bore-us&wHoly building where I was supposed to be doing physics.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Will this do?

5 Likes

From what I’ve seen this would make sense-- The Store 24 on my block became a Tedeschis, and has now become a 7-11.

1 Like

How about a Monolith Burger?

5 Likes

It only works until someone comes up with 5-1 or 4-2

3 Likes

3-3 doesn’t work at all.

2 Likes

Dang. No telling what he’ll come up with if he starts hating on 7-UP.

4 Likes

I haven’t been to every country they’re in, but so far they’re great everywhere except America. :frowning:

4 Likes

That space station mall area of Space Quest 4 (?) is one of the best parts of a classic Sierra game. Heehee

1 Like

What we really need is Lucky Dragon, complete with nano-assembler.

4 Likes

Why anyone goes there is beyond me, if you have a choice. Seems to me you can get just about anything they sell cheaper somewhere else, just maybe not at the time you want it. Planning ahead can deal with that.

That said, there was one just across the tiny parking lot from where I worked maybe 15 years ago. I’d go there for cookies sometimes. I think that’s because I didn’t want to plan ahead that I was going to eat cookies at work. Argument destroyed, dang it.

1 Like

Monolith Burger also shows up in a videogame boardgame called Jones in the Fast Lane (also published by Sierra). Initially i wanted to reference that boardgame but seemed rather obscure so i went with Space Quest instead.

1 Like

I’ve found Canada’s to be like the US but without a lot of the good brands of snacks. =o(

But the slurpees are still great, and I, for one, LIKE the hot food in Canada. What I’ve had of it anyway. No way am I going near the hot dogs.

I like how you can get milk in a plastic bag in Canada. Udderly fantastic.

4 Likes

Unfortunately not in the province I’m in now. I grew up with it as the default, though.

Milk in a clear plastic tube just seems colder and more refreshing than a carton!

2 Likes

They have that here too, but at the sperm banks.

6 Likes

America doesn’t know it sucks. I had a French Canadian girlfriend who absolutely hated shopping at the most shi-shi froo-froo upper crust grocery store near us in the states because “It’s so dirty in there. I can’t even.” And then when I visited her home town and we went grocery shopping, she said, “Look. See what I mean about [store x]? Look how this is, compared to that place.” And she was 100% correct. America doesn’t even know it sucks.

6 Likes

Why does your girlfriend hate our freedom?

6 Likes

Most of the 7/11 stores I know of are open 24 hours anyway. Buka 24 Jam and all that.