Man steals pumpkin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/29/man-steals-pumpkin.html

3 Likes

There was a Dusney movie like this, except it was about a huge watermelon.

It was from 1964, “For the Love of Willadean”.

God knows what he’s gonna do with it. . .

Because “God knows all.”

3 Likes

That’s nothing - check out this theft!
https://walkswithdave.tumblr.com/post/178119807161

Thanks for not calling him a gentleman.

This is the clearest argument I’ve seen yet for banning those damned scooter shares. If that scooter hadn’t been there we’d have had a clear shot of the license plate on the getaway car.

Scooters enable pumpkin crime.

8 Likes

I declare a pumpkin emergency.

10 Likes

You just can’t declare a pumpkin emergency and expect anything to happen.

5 Likes

A city near the part of Ohio where I live has an annual tradition in which the local high school students steal pumpkins from local doorsteps and then spend an entire night smashing them on a hilly road and sledding down it. (And then the city pays to clean it up)

When they started plundering pumpkins from the adjacent upscale cities, though, the local police got involved, and now several high schoolers also have criminal records or burglary and high larceny of cucurbits or something.

I’m glad they don’t come near my house, though. My family puts a lot of effort into selecting and carving our pumpkins each year, and it would be a shame for it to be just another mess on Grove Hill.

I didn’t realize people actually did steal pumpkins outside of that.

3 Likes

Even that kind of gentleman has standards and would not do that sort of thing.

1 Like

“I got it, man! Go-Go-GO!”

4 Likes

Stand aside citizen, Double Pumpkin Emergency!

6 Likes

Is that anything related to Rubintz’ “Pickle Surprise”?

5 Likes

Yes it is. How’d you know that?

5 Likes

Joke’s on him; I stashed the diamonds in the other pumpkin.

8 Likes

No, they were in the pickles. At least they were in Disney’s The Boatniks.

3 Likes

Damn that Disney, always stealing my best ideas! And damn those fancy lawyers of his and their guilded tongues too, “Oh no your honor, it’s very plain that my client’s Mickey Mouse is in no way similar to young Mr. Reffer’s 'Randy Rat.” A pox on them, the unscrupulous weasels! And me, a mere babe still in his bassinet back in 1970 — feh, I say! There’s no justice.

2 Likes

Not for the first or last time am I deeply grateful that there weren’t ubiquitous cameras when I was growing up.

image https://media.giphy.com/media/p4wE2IPkOzD3JKh36n/giphy.gif

7 Likes

Elf Bowling 2: The Great Halloween Pumpkin Heist was an unfinished sequel to the direct-to-video film Elf Bowling the Movie: The Great North Pole Elf Strike . Both films are based on the notoriously badly rated Nintendo DS game Elf Bowling 1 and 2 .[1]

The first film was universally panned by both the critics and the public for its low-quality animation and its story.[2][3] However, despite the extremely negative reception for the film, a sequel was planned to be released in the fall of 2007 that was Halloween-themed.

“Dangummit! Someone stole my gender reveal pumpkin IED!”

2 Likes