Man sues Vegas luxury hotel after scorpion sting in testicles while in bed

No, Mr. Bond…we expect you to sue!

3 Likes

I’ve never been stung, but I grew up in a part of Texas where scorpions were just a part of the fauna. Not quite as common as spiders, but sometimes they got into the house. The scorpions we have in North America are mostly harmless. The sting is painful but not particularly dangerous. When I was about 10, I was in the bathroom in my house doing what one does in the bathroom, looked down and there was a scorpion right next to my bare foot. Before I even realized I had moved, I was standing/squatting on top of the toilet. Years later, when I had my own apartment, I found one in bed with me. I slept on the couch for the next 6 months. They may be harmless, but they still kinda freak me out.

5 Likes

idiocracy-ow-my-balls

The first (and maybe only time?) I’ve seen a scorpion in the wild was on the floor at my aunts house during a visit in Abiline

Now fire ants - those little fuckers got me several different Texas trips.

3 Likes

It could be a fairly high level protocol. Having a testicular scorpion SOP would be either very weird or suggest somewhat dire things about the local wildlife; but a hotel, especially a Vegas hotel, having a “Genital misadventures; enthusiasts”, “Genital misadventures; nonzero professionals” and a “Genital misadventures not otherwise specified” protocol wouldn’t be terribly surprising.

2 Likes

Yeah Abilene is about 2-2.5 hours southwest of where I grew up. Which sounds like a long distance, but in Texas scale, that’s pretty close. And yes, fire ants are appropriately named.

3 Likes

My uncle on my mom’s side lived there.

On my dad’s side, my great great grandparents (I think) settled near Flatonia from Bohemia. My grandma spoke with a Czech accent as the immigrant community she lived in still spoke Czech as a first language.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.