Scorpion stings man during flight on United Airlines

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/13/scorpion-stings-man-during-fli.html

2 Likes

Shh everyone will want one now.

22 Likes

I’m just saying, the guy who got stung was no angel.

I mean, for one thing, he was in Houston for some reason.

37 Likes

Yummy.

10 Likes

The guy was “…flying from Houston to Calgary…”. so perhaps he was escaping to the friendlier confines of Canada.

7 Likes

They flushed it down the toilet. . .

Imagine how much worse it would have been treated if it had actually paid for a seat.

29 Likes

United is actually training these scorpions to sting lower-priority passengers when they want to seat more prestigious passengers (or employees) instead, to help encourage such rabble to flee the plane without having to knock them unconscious first.

10 Likes

United! Come for the beatings, stay for the scorpions.

16 Likes

The scorpion was just seeking out passengers with “drug-related offenses”. Expect the local news to dox him shortly.

2 Likes

I expect scorpions dropping on me from Southwest, but not United!

8 Likes

Great. Now they’ll change the policy so I can’t take my live scorpions in my carry-on bag. Just great.

10 Likes

Couldn’t they have just thrown the scorpion on the doctor, solving two problems at once?

6 Likes

I feel a sequel coming on…

19 Likes

So now United is mistreating Scorpions on its flights too?!? This is Arachnidism!!!

9 Likes

They did, but he just thought it was the pre-flight snack.

'Cause he asian. geddit. Sorry, I’ll show myself out.

2 Likes

Somewhere deep in the United Airlines operations manual…

1. Drop Scorpion from secret compartment
  2. Send thugs to knock you out
  3. ???
  4. Profit!!
2 Likes

That’s a common flight for people in the oil industry.

4 Likes

Got it.

1 Like

I would suspect that something like this happens on a regular basis, and is only making the news because bashing United is so hot right now.

If you’re wondering, of course people are talking to the United Breaks Guitars Guy again.

3 Likes

There is a saying that bad luck comes in threes, is this the third one for United in a week?
BTW I do not believe in “bad luck”.
I hope the stowaway arachnid was not handcuffed and dragging screaming out.
Imagine if the Tarantula tribe and Black Widow tribes hear about it and let’s not even mention the snakes!

3 Likes