Man sues Vegas luxury hotel after scorpion sting in testicles while in bed

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/07/man-sues-vegas-luxury-hotel-after-scorpion-sting-in-testicles-while-in-bed.html

8 Likes

What is the protocol for a scorpion stinging a guest’s testicles*? Must be a very comprehensive list to include that.

Sounds like a Bond villain is involved somewhere.

*beyond being dismissive and unapologetic.

10 Likes

Are we expecting the man to die?

6 Likes

Title of the lawsuit to be: Scorpion v ‘Frog’ and/or what stings in Vegas stays (the court)

3 Likes

The scorpion was below the red panda basket, but above the rattlesnake meat and the 300 Apple watches.

12 Likes

How the hell??
These places are basically hermetically sealed. I can’t imagine how this would even get inside, let alone all the way to a guest room.
Which, BTW are very nice. Got to stay there a couple times for conferences. My nuts were not stung, however.

11 Likes

10.2.8s : when the testicle stinging scorpion is delivered to a guest that did not request it….

14 Likes

Pretty ballsy of the hotel, treating this guy like that

12 Likes

“fool! you knew i was a scorpion when you took me to bed!”

14 Likes

Probably rode in on his luggage. Happened to me traveling Mexico once. (The scorpion-on-the-luggage part, not the being-stung-on-the-testicles part.)

18 Likes

I got stung by a big scorpion once while clsaring flood debris for the Texas Highway Department. The stimg was somewhat similar to a wasp’s but the swelling lasted longer.
Alas I did not die or even ponder my own mortality.

9 Likes

“Ball stinging scorpions in your room are an additional upcharge and not included with the standard resort fee.”

16 Likes

Huh, some places you pay extra for that.

14 Likes

Thank goodness! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Always check for bugs!

4 Likes

And ensure that guest is not charged for unrequested scorpion.

Subnote 10.2.8t: notify management of undocumented scorpion deployment.

4 Likes

Which impies that this sort of thing has happened before.
Otherwise, it is a non-answer.

2 Likes

Oh, I don’t know…it’s possible the protocol for incidents of this sort is “Be dismissive and unapologetic.”

5 Likes

That may well be true for any incident, as well.

1 Like

Jon Stewart Laughing GIF

5 Likes