Man survives chainsaw in the neck (X-ray!)

[Permalink]

Kick back is a bitchā€¦ Tried to explain that to my mother who (at 80+ yrs) would go out with her little electric chainsaw to cut up branches ā€“ she did fine with the saw, although her last foray led to a stroke.

2 Likes

Remember, kidsā€¦ a power tool is not a toy.

2 Likes

May we have an X-ray image of a unicorn now, please?

1 Like

I did my best.

2 Likes

Great album cover, donā€™t change a thing, not even the lettering.

17 Likes

This is why we wear safety glasses, people.

8 Likes

'tis but a scratch.

1 Like

WTF Natural Selection? I thought you were supposed handle this.

I really hope Valentine released his own x-ray, because if the doctors just said, ā€œWhoa, cool! Letā€™s put it on Redditā€¦ā€

1 Like

Now, that was this one.

Best Spring Break ever!

1 Like

One TINY edit: Change L to LP. Otherwise, YES.

1 Like

That guy should go buy a lottery ticket.

1 Like

Well, you gotta give him credit for trying to avoid the power lines.

3 Likes

Just pointing this out, the anatomy of the cutting end of a chainsaw is bar, chain, and cutters.

His coworkers held the blade in place until medics took over.

Chainsaws do not have ā€œbladesā€. You do not sharpen the ā€œbladeā€, you sharpen chain.

1 Like

If you want a job done right, call Leatherface.

I am curious as to the clinical indication for the x-ray.

ā€˜There seems to be some anomaly in this manā€™s neckā€¦ better get an x-ray to parse it out.ā€™

OR

ā€˜F@ck it, he has insurance. Letā€™s be awesome!ā€™

Extent of bony damage prior to heading to surgery? Fragments of said bone or chain or foreign materials that should be sought during surgery?

Yeah, itā€™s pretty obvious that heā€™s got a wee bit of a foreign body and Iā€™m guessing a fair bit of tissue trauma just from an external examination, but Iā€™d sure as fuck want a bit of an inside glance before I headed into that mess if I was the surgeon on that caseā€¦

3 Likes

Just to even see if he has wood splinters in there too.

And bar oil.