Man tries to remove Trump sign from front yard, receives electric shock

wow, great job protecting america! but these far-left hooligans are still trying to pull an even bigger stunt by removing the president from office. this video gives me inspiration… can i suggest that to deter any miscreants from involuntarily and prematurely removing the president from office, we consider running a strong electrical current through the president?

16 Likes

sold along side their humidifying dehumidifiers.

1 Like

I fully endorse both the theft of political signs from lawns and the booby-trapping of lawn signs.

6 Likes

I’ve said this before, but whoever did this needs to review Katko v. Briney

3 Likes

Please point out where I even implied that. You may have deep concerns about a lack of civility in this country, but assuming I’m ok with vandalism isn’t exactly practising what you preach.

Also, are you implying that @doctorow staged the incident in the article you cite (where the revenge involved not physical injury to the vandal but a donation to the candidate loathed by him)?

6 Likes

18 Likes

That trick always works.

8 Likes

i love Bern, but… man. that’s a lot of signage happening.

3 Likes

Again!

:grinning:

4 Likes

“Hey, I know, let’s make a video and then I won’t have to run no wires.”

3 Likes

stealing, trespassing and booby traps are bad form. akin to an arms race of incivility.

2 Likes

So, electrifying a sign is mean-spirited bullying, and stealing a sign is vandalism. Okay.

Not at all. Just that people clearly have very strong feelings about signage.

two wrongs ≠ right. golden rule applies.

Yes. The difference is in the infliction of physical injury (hurt feelings that someone doesn’t support your candidate != getting an electrical shock). If someone is vandalising your signs, set up a camera and call the police when it catches the perpetrator instead of tossing in some gratuitous and potentially dangerous cruelty.

If this story was about someone with an electrified Biden sign, I’d also consider it sociopathic behaviour. But I’d also consider it out of character rather than typical, because unlike “moderate centrists” I know that in aggregate supporters of both sides (bothsides, bothsides!) aren’t equally cruel and destructive.

7 Likes

How do you bern the feel?

2 Likes

if one is reading ‘bern the feel’, they should go around the block instead of reversing to read the signs :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. this is a repost from a the instant karma subreddit five days ago. you’re better than that boingboing.
  2. this entire video is faked. the guy who was “electrocuted” starts jumping before grabbing the sign. the “security camera” is moving like someone holding the camera. the sign doesn’t come out of the ground when he grabs it.

why is boing boing reposting known false videos? for the lulz? to own the libz? c’mon now…

3 Likes

Probably for the LOLs… and the clicks. It worked! You’re here. Mission Accomplished!

5 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes