Man tweets that his dad's new donut shop has no customers, response is overwhelmimg

I kind of expect Trump to jump in and say, “He could do it! Why can’t you?! SHAME”

No, because these are different technologies. For a bakery, you will need hot boxes. Many hot boxes (probably). For to donut, you only need a hot oily depression. It makes sense that these will be in different towns.

4 Likes

Winning the attention lottery can backfire on small businesses, and will never happen for the majority of small businesses anyway.

So, I hope they convert this into sustained prosperity, but I also hope people aren’t duped into thinking that Twitter is Main Street’s fairy godmother, rather than its gossipy shit-stirring racist uncle.

2 Likes

I’ve been to bakeries that make donuts, among other related goodies. Just saying that i prefer the wider selection of stuff at bakeries :slight_smile: I still appreciate donuts but i rarely buy them

1 Like

Baking Bad

4 Likes

i hope the family donut shop is successful if they make good donuts.

this entire thing smells like an engineered twitter publicity stunt. if you want to paint yourself as relevant and a good a way to reach people, you just wait for a few select tweets like this from your algorithms, and you promote them massively in front of they eyes of your users, and voila everyone has been manipulated.

only way this timeline makes sense. twitter staff had bought out the place and were there monday morning, for something that happened throughout sunday? am i being too cynical thinking that social media companies would think they could manufacture emotionally manipulative events for their own gain while costing them almost nothing?

Missouri City is south west of Houston. I don’t know if Twitter has offices in the Houston area but its highly likely they at least have people in Austin, which is about 2.5hrs away from Houston so getting to Missouri City in less than a day is really low effort. Just saying.

But of course Twitter is trying to leverage this for the publicity but i doubt they had anything to do with people jumping on this initially. Whatever the case i wish this family the best, and Twitter… well its still Twitter. My esteem for them hasnt really changed.

1 Like

that seems a bit more sane. i hope you are right and they are just exploiting rather than manufacturing these sort of occurrences. things are so crazy its actually refreshing to think we haven’t gone full black mirror just yet. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.