Dunkin' Donuts drops Donuts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/25/dunkin-donuts-drops-donuts.html

2 Likes

The question now is, is Krispy going to drop Kreme?

11 Likes

2c9eg7

13 Likes

changing the name to “Dunkin Burgers”?

9 Likes

Wait, is this just like when Ihop said they were changing their name to Ihob; and then the next day were like “Not! God, I can’t believe you really believed we would do that. You’re such an idiot.” I hate when corps do that.

9 Likes

shooting themselves in the feet

20 Likes

They’ve already permanently overhauled a bunch of their locations in Boston as just “Dunkin’”, so no, this is their new corporate branding.

Honestly, they may as well go all the way and just rename the chain “Dunkies”, since that’s what everyone around here calls it anyway.

9 Likes

Whatevs. Donut King forever. It’s local and they sell good doughnuts.

3 Likes

If I was the marketing director, I’d just go with the New England name and be done with it.

DUNKIE’S

9 Likes

I wish I could say I cared, but I really really don’t. Yeah.

3 Likes

I heard that they’re going to add Kosher to the name

1 Like

Dunkin’… Nonuts?

11 Likes

I’d like to see some truth in advertising, something like “Why Your Uncle Pamplemousse Looks Like He’s Nine Months Pregnant Donuts”. True, it’s kind of long, but it’s hard to forget.

ETA: If they’re going to go with Dunkin’, maybe they could branch out from the pastries a bit. I know something like this would get my day off to a good start.

3 Likes

IHOP bought Sonic today, I hope they don’t fuck up Sonic’s tater tots…

4 Likes

IHOTT: International House of Tater Tots.

8 Likes

Lol I see what you did there ■■■■■!

2 Likes

I hot, U hot, We all hot for tater tots!

7 Likes

My wife went to a Dunkin’ last Sunday to grab a dozen doughnuts for an event. Her plan was foiled because the Dunkin’ had no doughnuts. Apparently they just plain ran out. Still had plenty of bagels and muffins for sale though. It seems like this should have been embarrassing for the workers, but apparently they were totally blase about it. This is America, not some third world shithole. We expect our megacorps to have their act together with regards to inventory management.

5 Likes

I hot, U hot, we all hot for…

4 Likes

Man Dunkin marketing, throws me all the way back to '06.

1 Like