You won't believe how much sugar is in Dunkin' Donuts' Frozen Swirl Pumpkin Coffee

Originally published at: You won't believe how much sugar is in Dunkin' Donuts' Frozen Swirl Pumpkin Coffee | Boing Boing

1 Like

coffee sugar GIF

18 Likes

Tripping Cotton Candy GIF

At least now I don’t need to feel as guilty about my morning Coke.

14 Likes

930 calories!?! That’s around the same as a pint of Haagen Dazs ice cream.

11 Likes

I find it a bit disturbing that coffee chains have figured out how to leverage people’s coffee addiction and the social construction of coffee as a “necessary” and “productive” drug that they can convince people to drink milkshakes all day and treat it like a civic responsibility.

17 Likes

Serious question: why? I get why they want to put sugar in everything, but why this MUCH? Wouldn’t it be both cheaper and better-tasting to rein it in a bit?

8 Likes

Frankly I didnt know donuts were so healthy

20 Likes

Yes, this should not be news to anyone by now. Pumpkin Spice whatever has the spices and seasonings commonly used in pumpkin pie. It does not have pumpkin. These are also mostly the same spices used in apple pie, so they could have just as easily called all these drinks Apple Spice Latte etc. Or Autumn Harvest.

16 Likes

:100:

10 Likes

Kinda disappointed not to see condensed industrial-strength compressed ultrasugar on the ingredients list, but apart from that it’s got everything.

3 Likes

Subvert capitalism: Take a nap!

This…is going to be printed on every single item of clothing I own.

13 Likes

I took a nap today in my pickup truck.
And I stuck it to The Man!

8 Likes

TIL I can eat a dozen donuts and call it dieting!

2 Likes

4 grams of sugar is one teaspoon.

So that’s 46.25 teaspoons.

That’s just shy of one cup, or not quite half a pint.

Of sugar.

8 Likes

Yeah, I guess I don’t believe it. According to this chart, a large Pumpkin Swirl Ice Latte with whole millk has 66 g of sugars and 450 calories. Still a lot, but the very-quickly-flashed printouts on the video don’t quite make clear where the other 120 g of sugar is. I mean, it could be that random tiktok guy is not reliable either.

9 Likes

Because of the bliss point.

5 Likes

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF

5 Likes

Doing My Part Reaction GIF

10 Likes

Wrong drink. Scroll down to the frozen drinks. It’s actually worse than the guy said if you get the whole milk version.

9 Likes

Clearly the one to get is with cream. And I am surprised the real cream would actually be an option.

1 Like