Dunkin' Donuts drops Donuts

Seems like as good a time as any to post this one again.

“Yeah I come down to Dunkin everyday. Grab a cruller, have an extra large, three parliaments and take a big dump. That’s kinda the routine.”

See? The regulars already just call it “Dunkins.”

9 Likes

The question remains; how much?
Not very much, I bet.

2 Likes

I don’t care what they call themselves. Their coffee and food both suck.

7 Likes

I blame IHOb℠

2 Likes

They will later drop all vowels and be known as DNKN, rebranding themselves as a downloadable app for you mobile device.

9 Likes

I thought it was going to be another story about drone delivery, droppin’ donuts out of the sky into my waiting arms :doughnut: :doughnut: :doughnut: :yum:

4 Likes

They already have, sorta.

1 Like

beverage led

I can totally see this. I’ve kind of stopped eating donuts (didn’t plan on it, I just stopped eating them) and the only times I’ve been in a DD was to get a cup of something. Got some decent café con leche there when I was in Florida last.

Oh, shoot…

iu

3 Likes

I expect that when I stop mentally appending “Donuts” to the name I will start appending “Electric Boogaloo” to it instead.

4 Likes

Well, clearly this is the reason for the rebrand then. By removing ‘donuts’ from the name, consumers can have no reasonable expectation that they will do their ONE FUCKING JOB

4 Likes

Wasn’t Dunkin’ either an verb or adjective toward the donut? Weren’t we either dunking this donut, or understood that these were the types of donuts for dunking? What am I supposed to dunk now? Anything?!?

3 Likes

It’s just a D now.

5 Likes

Soon to be just a blank white sign with an enclosed speaker repeating “dee, dee, dee…”

2 Likes

There was a little place Called Uncle Joe’s in San Gabriel in the L.A. area whan I was growing up. Me and my buddies would get stoned and call them up at 3AM and ask if the fresh donut batches were coming out for the morning business rush. We would go down there and eat the biggest, freshest, best tasting donuts ever. Last time I was in So. Ca. I drove by there. It was gone and replaced by some other business. Another part of my childhood gone. Thanks for all the swell donuts Uncle Joe!

3 Likes

Are they dropping the Coffee from Dunkin’ Coffee branded stores?

I don’t dunk you, you don’t dunk me?

er, you don’t donut me?

2 Likes

Are you sure? I heard Roark Capital bought them. They own everybody but IHOP. Arbys, Buffalo Wild Wings, Jimmy Johns, Cinnabon, Millers Ale House, Carl’s Jrs, Hardees Carvel, and Seattle’s Best to name a few.
Inspire is the parent. Roark Capital is the main share holder.

Dine brands global owns IHOP.

1 Like

Holy shit I know that guy. I know lots of that guy.

2 Likes

I’ve heard people say that before but as a life-long eastern Massachusetts resident I don’t recall ever hearing anyone refer to as “Dunkies”. Maybe it’s a hyper-regional thing.

2 Likes