Man who fired AK-47 at cops was "not handling the pandemic well", says lawyer

@beschizza:
The shootout happened at his home in Slatington, PA.

Also, I lived in Slatington (many years ago) and I know that house.

5 Likes

Golden?

2 Likes

Someone peed on him?

7 Likes

"Waldron said. “I think he was getting stretched too tight.”

Was… and is. Wait’ll the guy see how much it costs for legal rep.

7 Likes

I presume that Adam Zaborowski is a gentleman of the Polish persuasion.

It’s such a good thing he was able to defend his right to be a selfish manbaby while attempting to satisfy his oral fixation. #2A FTW!

/s/s/s/s/s

I’m thinking he’s not handling being alive as a human being all that well…

Can we start using “Betty” as a kind of rhyming slang specifically for… people of a certain privileged complexion, when that privilege is in play? Like, every time some criminal gets treated with kid gloves, we can speculate, “Yeah, I’m guessing he’s a ‘Betty.’”? Well, I think I’m going to…

4 Likes

Let’s just say I wouldn’t be shocked if the dumbass insists on representing himself.

2 Likes

But they’re trained to crush throats when counterfeit money or loose cigarettes are involved?

5 Likes

Wow nice one

3 Likes

Not mine; just repeating Chris Rock.

7 Likes

So, help me understand this. You shoot at the police, not from what I can see injuring any of them, and you get attempted murder.

You stab a Black woman multiple times while screaming racial slurs, and you get first degree attempted assault…

Granted, they bumped it to a hate crime, but attempted ASSAULT? Threatening someone with the screwdriver is “assualt”. She had a collapsed lung.

If the case plays out the same, this guy won’t even see jail.

8 Likes

The story sounds like the Bruce Springsteen song Johnny 99.

He looks like David Duchovny from X-files.

The “joke” you linked to is hate speech thinly disguised as humor. Is in your opinion making racist jokes acceptable when said jokes are about people of Polish ethnicity?

I thought that it was the Coen brothers taking the piss out of the politely racist term “of the Jewish persuasion”.

I haven’t watched that movie, but jokes that are insulting whole ethnicity are harmful and are indirectly enabling others to commit hate crimes. It reminds me of adertisements that were aired in Germany in 2006 depicting Poles as thieves. I know people who were chased out of stores, denied accomodation in hotels or asked to leave rerstaurants while travelling in Germany after these ads were aired.
What exactly makes the term you used and “joke” you linked not a hate speech against ethnicity?

1 Like

Saveljevs was charged with attempted murder. He pled guilty to the lesser charge (note that he also pled guilty to attempted assault on a police officer in which he broke the officer’s cheekbone).

You could take that a step farther and gender them with Betty and Barry, but I suppose that could really confuse things.

1 Like

So, the Police were called; what are all those soldiers doing outside the house? I mean, cops wear blue, right?

1 Like