Man who fired AK-47 at cops was "not handling the pandemic well", says lawyer

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/03/man-who-fired-ak-47-at-cops-wa.html

7 Likes

Well thank the gods he only had a military-grade weapon and not a $20 bill he probably didn’t know was counterfeit.

90 Likes

Considering the consequences he’s likely facing, he’s probably wishing the cops had shot him more than just twice.

7 Likes

That quote threw me off because I thought someone was equating the emotional toll of a job loss with the tragedy of seeing one’s child die, but fortunately per the original article he only lost custody of the child, and evidently for good reason.

43 Likes

You have got to keep people afraid of the state.

Police are trained to shoot at suspects only when deadly force is justified, Waldron confirmed.

It’s nice that they asked the defense attorney to confirm.

8 Likes

If Adam Zaborowski gets arrested for actions related to “not handling the pandemic well”, then what should happen to The Real Estate Swindler?

14 Likes

Introducing a new rhetorical form which shall henceforth be known as “Florida understatement”*.

*(May be used in non-Florida situations.)

23 Likes

Well, it’s not like he was putting graffiti on a federal building.

27 Likes

Bit of an understatement…

6 Likes

Wonder what complexion the gentleman in question is…

49 Likes

No, I am not handling the pandemic well. I’m drinking too much, sleeping poorly, finding it hard to do anything productive during the day, and doom scrolling for hours a day. That’s not handling the pandemic well.

Trying to murder people because you don’t want to wear a mask is a whole different thing.

59 Likes

Wow, such care the cops took not to kill him, and the justice system is already carefully considering the nuances of his difficult life circumstanc-checks skin color- oh. I see.

35 Likes

Like my now flagged (but on-topic) comment indicates, I knew he was White, without even having to click the article.

32 Likes

see-what-you-did-there|nullxnull

23 Likes

Me too, except I thought I was doing fine.

dang.

26 Likes

This week on Profiles in Good Choice Making

8 Likes

It’s a bad day for the poor guy. I mean, boys will be boys, and sometimes good guys need to blow off a bit of steam amirite?!?

Hopefully the cops bought him a cheeseburger on the way to the station.

10 Likes

If only he were black, they would have eagerly accommodated him.

4 Likes

Police are trained to shoot at suspects only when deadly force is justified

On what planet?

10 Likes