Man who helped cause 2008 financial crash suddenly very concerned about the economy

Roger That! Let’s keep sending whatever cash we can afford, I’m in for a fiver every week, rain or shine.

7 Likes

Hasn’t that story already been badly written?

10 Likes

It’s like we never learn-- market economies are built on boom and bust. A social safety net protects us all if there’s a bust, but we can avoid a bust with some simple regulations that are strictly enforced. The market is not sentient, it doesn’t remember crashes from previous decades, and humans are greedy selfish bastards, they don’t care if there’s a market crash as long as they can make millions first and get out before the shit hits the fan.

You really want a full scale communist revolution? It’s easy-- get rid of all financial regulation and let the capitalistas do whatever they want.

8 Likes

That’s damn near what we have now! The Banksters have to be reeled in, the alternate model is not viable, and it’s killing us.

8 Likes

His bank stole operational secrets from our insurance/title division, put me and most of my fellow employees out of work when their sub-prime mortgage bubble burst (directly related), and then had the nerve to ask for a bailout that gets paid by our taxes.

Fuck this guy.

19 Likes

Blankfein and Dimon are now portrayed as the “responsible” bankers in the history of the 2007-2008 crash, in comparison to people like Fuld. But really, they were playing the same crooked game and were only “responsible” insofar as they played it better, cheated, and were slightly less greedy.

8 Likes

If I’m Russian, I go with Sanders this time around.

Are you kidding? Clearly the Russians have already gone with Blankenf-ck.

1 Like

Keep in mind that post-Trump, there will be a massive cleanup job to get executive branch rebooted. (Hopefully someone still has the unused briefing files the Obama team prepared for the incoming team.)

5 Likes

Assuming the successor is a progressive. The Dem “moderate centrist” candidates don’t seem interested in cleaning things up.

5 Likes

Time to come up with a list of things he can go f*ck himself with… items with sharp edges will be given priority.

2 Likes

It’s worse than that. They saw the crash coming, and realised AIG London had no effective controls and they could basically take an insurance policy paying them more than 100% of their losses on subprime loan derivatives. Of course that would do them no good if AIG were allowed to go bust, which is why they lobbied so hard for AIG to be bailed out, and thus indirectly themselves.

5 Likes

“Thus did a handful of rapacious citizens come to control all that was worth controlling in America. Thus was the savage and stupid and entirely inappropriate and unnecessary and humorless American class system created. Honest, industrious, peaceful citizens were classed as bloodsuckers, if they asked to be paid a living wage. And they saw that praise was reserved henceforth for those who devised means of getting paid enormously for committing crimes against which no laws had been passed. Thus the American dream turned belly up, turned green, bobbed to the scummy surface of cupidity unlimited, filled with gas, went bang in the noonday sun.”
― Kurt Vonnegut, “God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater”

6 Likes

Yeah, but that $38 grand is the plus side of the ledger for these a-holes.

1 Like

For me, it’s way beyond “Fuck this guy”. Maybe jail this guy, maybe sue this guy into the stone ages. Maybe, make life so impossible for these parasites (that’s what they are. Their total bailouts surpassed any profits they ever made, AND they weren’t held accountable for the massive GLOBAL losses that resulted from their paper shuffle) that they end up in tent cities. That’s a truly just system from my oulook.

They pocket any profit they can from their grift, then assign all losses to the Federal Reserve which is right there to clean up their foul mess.

I think I don’t like this political economy.

5 Likes

Bernie will likely be a one term president regardless, if elected. The payoff from the big changes will take longer than 4 years, which means he will have a tough election season unless the economy is doing well.

And nobody really knows what the economy is going to do. It was supposed to have crashed again by now. Now some folks are cautiously saying this is the “new normal”.

3 Likes

THIS JUST IN FROM GREEN ACRES! FOX DISCOVERS SECURITY VULNERABILITIES IN HENHOUSE SECURITY. BRIEFS FARMER BROWN ON NEED TO SECURE AND MONITOR DOMESTIC PETS. MORE…WHENEVER.

You say you wanna revolution…?

2 Likes

Well, if he can get the Russians to back Sanders, is that such a bad thing?

trump is going to cheat the 2020 election so, why not?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.