Man who invented Keurig K-Cups regrets it

Ooookay… Let’s just say that I only watched Power Rangers because I was so fascinated by how incredibly awful it was (well, boys in Lycra helped), so Power Puff Girls were not anything I would touch.

1 Like

FTFY.

To each his or her own.

I watched it because my kid used to like it when she was little, and it turned out to be a really decent animation, with some very memorable characters.

But I’ll stop now; I know I’m nowhere near the topic.

/end tangent

18 Likes

Sorry. I do love tangents. And your avatar.

1 Like

Grazie!

2 Likes

I have enjoyed everything from Craig McCracken I have seen ever since No Neck Joe…

5 Likes

He did Samurai Jack too, didn’t he?

6 Likes

His studio but that is the work of his college pal Genndy Tartakovsky.

9 Likes

“Easy to vilify a fictionalized hyperbole of an imagined persona!” – This guy.

This seems completely understandable and forgivable to me. It would be wrong to vilify or blame anyone who designs and make any non-sustainable product for any corporation. I mean, if they didn’t already magically have a sustainability-focused mindset, how could they be blamed for not having the foresight to see the possible consequences of the product they were designing? Even if they did, they still know that their boss would likely just get someone else to do it if they refused to do so themselves. Just like those Google employees working on the Google “Dragonfly” censored search engine for China. Oh, wait…

But seriously, I don’t think it’s right to blame the guy. At the same time, if we say it’s okay to abdicate responsibility for one’s personal role in acting as the hands of a larger controlling entity, then that justifies all sorts of “just following orders” scenarios.

1 Like

Same here. The family chain grocery store I worked at made us carry two paper bags balanced on each arm. No grocery cart. They told us it was for expediency, but I think they were grasping at straws in an increasingly technologically advanced (ha ha, pre-internet) world.

3 Likes

You don’t have to use the pods. There are inserts you can fill with any coffee you like. I primarily like mine because I’m in a hurry in the morning and I can make a good cup of coffee in 30 seconds, then I’m out the door. I can clean the reusable insert and reload it in the evening at my leisure, ready for the next morning.

5 Likes

It says in the article he sold his stake for 50k 20+ years ago.

Motor oil?

1 Like

I would like to plug my coffeemaker.
$10 when it first came out.

It makes a killer cup of coffee using the crappiest cheap shit coffee I can get on sale at Safeway.

Honest!

I drink it for the caffeine (maybe I should switch to NoDoz?)

BTW: it’s discolored b/c I found that no matter how hard I try to keep it clean the oils slowly build up along with the super-fines and it gets clogged. So I heat it up with a propane torch and after it smokes and turns this and that color it’s all clean again!

And, yes, my mother wore army boots and my dad dragged his knuckles.

13 Likes

I don’t think that’s a civit. That looks like an ordinary cat to me.

But I admire your dedication.

35 Likes

Pfft Aeropress? Bialetti FTW.

2 Likes

Please don’t. It doesn’t matter if you use Keurig or Nespresso. Pods are Pods are Pods are a waste of resources and a bane of the environment. We all know how well those corporate ‘recycle’ programs work. Just drink normal coffee. Or at least use refillable pods if you insist on pods. /rant

8 Likes

I have an espresso machine that can use pod. http://www.eseconsortium.com/eng/soci.php ESE pod, that are an open standard developed by Illy coffee maker in the '90. Is’s used by a lot of other coffee makers and coffee machine makers, so you can mix and match them.
I can also easily switch tho ground coffee changing the steel filter in the machine.
My machine costs a bit more compared to other machines using proprietary pods, and it’s completely elecromechanical.
I like to use pods, but after a quick research i found that if I liked variety, the ESE pods are the best, and interestingly coffe makers that are selling proprietary pods, they normally are selling ESE pods with the same coffee .
https://www.lavazza.it/it/caffe/capsule/a-modo-mio/qualita-rossa.html
https://www.lavazza.it/it/caffe/cialde/qualita-rossa.html
They are also selling the coffee beans for really old school
https://www.lavazza.it/it/caffe/grani/qualita-rossa-grani.html

Case in point, while propietary coffe machines needs some advertising, ESE coffee machines are sold without any advertising, maybe because the customers are liking to mix and match.

4 Likes

A post with Lavazza, Illy and ESE all in the same place. I <3.

Allora, caro re degli elfi, tecnicamente

3 Likes

The <3 heart emoticon in this typeface looks like a puff of steam (ok, water vapor, you pedants) as would ffffffff out of an espresso machine. Result: a hyperefficient blip of simultaneous duality and semi-recursion via typographic collage ideogram in a 4-character sentence. Smokin’! Are you a heptapod?

6 Likes