Man who threatened Merriam-Webster over gender definitions sentenced to one year in prison

Originally published at: Man who threatened Merriam-Webster over gender definitions sentenced to one year in prison | Boing Boing

5 Likes

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

18 Likes

21 Likes

And just for that bigot.

17 Likes

WTF is with this timeline? We are at the point where people are threatening dictionaries ‽ Whatever is going on, I want out.

16 Likes

Hanson, who appeared at the hearing remotely from a California jail, declined to address the court when given the opportunity.

Nothing to say, big mouth?

18 Likes

If you’ve already been shot in the head surely your office being burnt down becomes an irrelevant afterthought.

1 Like

Not if the shooter-arsonist is also a fascist.

12 Likes

I mean, they only threatened murder and arson. It’s not like they tried pot or put on a drag show or something.

17 Likes

Worse; people are calling in bomb threats against children’s hospitals.

8 Likes

Yes, sending bomb threats to children’s hospitals is worse. However, I was just trying to capture the ridiculousness of our current era.

5 Likes

Fucking physicists keep talking about alternative universes, but the bastards never tell us HOW TO GET THERE.

11 Likes

I’m convinced this is the alternative universe. I’d like to believe there’s another one out there somewhere, a Universe Prime, if you will, where things actually went right, and we’re the aberration.

The big downside, of course, is the longer we’re in this one, the more connected to it we become, and the harder it would be to change back to the proper course. I’ve had good things happen since 2016 that I personally wouldn’t want to give up – finished my degree, bought a house with my nesting partner, found a job that brings me great joy, and added another anchor partner. I’d like to think all these would have happened anyway …

9 Likes

“What are you in here for?”
" I got real mad at the dictionary".

6 Likes

(Slides to the far end of the bench)

12 Likes

History is weird

9 Likes

shiv |SHiv|

noun North American informal

a knife or razor used as a weapon.

ORIGIN
probably from Romani chiv ‘blade’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.