Mandatory childbirth: how the anti-abortion crusade masks cruelty to women in the "sacralizing of fetuses"

very interesting note on miscarriages being punishable. new govt database of pregnant ladies, anyone? hell the internet knows if a girl is pregnant before she does. internet spoooooooky.

anyway, i can say that my pops is slghtly feminist for a 72 yr old but also VERY catholic. i know he sees fetus’ as humans and the women and docs that are doing abortion are killing people. he does not want to punish people. my siblings (including females) were never hit or spanked.

i know i am not preaching to the choir, so bring the haters i guess.

How does he feel about public funding of birth control, subsidized child care and parental leave? That will tell us much more about his character than just “life begins at conception” (never mind that ‘conception’ is also a more complicated term than most people are willing to believe).

7 Likes

That doesn’t mean he gets to foist his beliefs on others. Full stop. If he doesn’t believe in abortion, well, then he doesn’t have to get one himself or pay for anyone to get one. He does not get to make medial decisions for the rest of us.

Irrelevant. No one gets to decide what happens inside someone else’s body. This is not hard, folks. It’s not.

17 Likes

I’m not sure you understand what it means to be Catholic.

1 Like

It’s a relatively recent belief for the Catholic church, actually. Even when it started concerning itself about abortion AT ALL, it only cared about the situation after “ensoulment”, which was considered to be at quickening (when the pregnant woman could feel the fetus move).

10 Likes

black-cindy-know-my-life

5 Likes

Pretty sure they are not holding up the sign (there’s a dude wearing day-glow orange who is obscured by the cosplay handmaid on the right who appears to be holding it up).

Wait until they start pushing for “mutual” (his) consent required for the use of any conception control. (The fact that we call it “birth control” seems like a battle was lost somewhere back in time.)

/expecting that someone will tell me that this is the case in several states, and always has been.

1 Like

Yes. Chimps have it.

If women wanted rights, they should have been personally-responsible enough to have been men. Fuck trans people, though.

(Just in case: /S)

2 Likes

From Michael Parenti’s Blackshirts and Reds

5 Likes

Well played.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.