Map of where London's train stations go

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/06/map-of-where-londons-train-s.html

3 Likes

Except the train from King’s Cross actually goes to Leuchars (for St. Andrews) rather than St. Andrews. Trust me, I know.

2 Likes

St. Pancras has been scaled back I see.
What was it the Western Brothers used to say…

“St George for England!
St Pancras for Scotland!”

4 Likes

This actually narrows down the location of Hogwarts slightly - it’s in the eastern half of The Highlands, otherwise the Hogwarts Express would depart from Euston

16 Likes

Marvelous. Thought provoking. But more useful than showing where the train stations go, would be a map that show were the trains go.

https://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/

4 Likes

Google Maps tells me originating King’s Cross, but it appears you end up in Euston access by the time you’re done…

5 Likes

Would be improved by googly eyes.

Cannot find destinations on the map corresponding to Necropolis Station. I am disappoint.

4 Likes

On a recent visit, we used Paddington (to visit Bath Spa) and Waterloo (to get to Surbiton where my niece is staying, and Vauxhall where we were staying).

I grew up near NYC, but found Waterloo borderline alarming in its size and busy-ness.

P.S. Am I the only one who keep reading that as “St. Pancreas?”

4 Likes
2 Likes

wildly inaccurate. Not least for missing out Charing X

1 Like

London’s commuter drainage basins

Fun (if irrelevant) fact: Americans would call those “watersheds”, because Americans think a “watershed” is a basin, rather than a divide.

1 Like

You beat me to it, matey!

well spotted.

It’s Waterloo.

1 Like

Adjacent to Waterloo Bridge station, but not identical.
One wonders which additional amenities elevate a 1st-class above a 3rd-class coffin ticket.

3 Likes

Weird. As a non-Londoner I mainly think of the rail network in terms of the West- and East-coast mainlines, although generally I’ve almost exclusively used the West-Coast.

What you meant to type.

Yeah, I fail to see how having mobile train stations can be useful.

The Train was on time, the Station was late. Their performance is measured by late trains, not stations.